But for the second month in a row - and probably for the second time in my life (January's check-in being the first) - I'm looking forward to sharing my personal goal progress. Seriously people, I am just not good at writing goals down and following through. But Mission: THRIVE has been different. I think because I was at a place in my life where I knew some things needed to change.
Last month I said I wanted to develop a weekly meal plan and cook meals at home at least three nights a week. Check and check. Yep, got both of those done. In fact, I've found some great resources for meal planning and am now cooking at least five nights a week. WOOHOO!
Now, it may sound crazy that I'm so excited about this. But the truth is that Jerry and I have always enjoyed eating out which 9 times out of 10 equates to unhealthy eating habits. (The only time we've had this many vegetables consistently since we've been married was in the two weeks my mom was here after Alex was born. That is so incredibly embarrassing to admit, but it's true. I mean, we've been married for s-e-v-e-n y-e-a-r-s.) Now we're eating better and for less money.
I'd like to go on a slight tangent, if I may, but I promise it will bring us back to another goal update. Eating better has helped me lose all but one - count 'em ONE - pound of the baby weight I gained with Alex. Oh, and I'm not stopping there. I'm going to say goodbye to that last pound and a couple more of his friends, too.
Losing weight this past month has motivated me to pile up every last piece of maternity wear and take it up to the attic for storage. No more pulling out a shirt to hide behind when I'm having a "fat day." No sir. Those days are behind me now, and it's time to move on.
Packing up the maternity wear meant the start of getting our closets organized. And "begin organizing the house" was one of the last month's goals. See? I told you I'd bring you back around.
Now I may not have officially completed the specific goals I set - organizing the guest bedroom and the bed linens - but the master closets (we have four), the pantry, and the basement are underway, and I count that as major progress.
Evidence of the progress...
Next up, practicing skills from my photography class. Well I've been trying. I think it might help me to go back and re-read some of the lessons. And for spring to arrive. Because I can tell that I'm going to get better photos outside than in my house, and as much as I keep looking for the first buds of spring to be appearing, they just aren't yet. So I'll keep posting the pics I can get, and hopefully they'll continue to improve.
Alright, here are the couple that I haven't done so well with - finishing His Needs, Her Needs and having a quiet time every morning. I've read a little further in the book, and while I haven't had consistent quiet times, I have been reading more in my bible and some devotionals throughout the day. Not ideal, but a little bit of progress.
Before I sign off today, I just have to say how incredibly blessed I am to have Jerry as my husband.
When we got married, we had our rings engraved with a Latin phrase that translates "God has joined us." I am so glad He did. As I've worked to make some significant changes in my life, Jerry has been a wonderful supporter and encourager. I can feel our marriage strengthening every day, and God is doing some really amazing work there. Lots of praise and thanks for that.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I look forward to checking back in again next month where I will report on:
- Attempting a small sewing project
- Finishing the curtains in the guest bedroom
- Creating and implementing a cleaning schedule for the house
- Taking Alex for walks at the park on warmer weather days
- Continued morning quiet times
- Oh, and FINISHING THAT BOOK!



7 comments:
Oh, girl! You're doing so great!! I just love your enthusiasm for your new "job" and how you are creating a structured routine for your family. So proud of you on the meals--I know it's so much easier just to eat out so BRAVO for cooking and eating healthy! I would really love for you to share those resources you mentioned, too.
Good job on packing up the maternity gear and organizing your closets. I admit I have a huge "temporary" bin of my skinny clothes that has been sitting in the master bedroom now for 2 years. It has now become another piece of furniture in there. So you've inspired me to get rid of it and move on! Ha!
I love hearing how much you are thriving and I'm so proud of you for making such incredible progress. Oh, and thank you so much for your sweet words and comments on my blog. I love how we can share these updates and pictures! Miss you!
sounds like you are doing very well Amanda...that baby of yours is just too cute..
congrats on the weight loss....
Wow! What an awesome post. All that organization must feel great. It is such a great feeling to know that everything is in its place, including the pregnancy pounds, which have found their place...not on you!!! Congratulations!
I thought about mission Thrive a lot this week. My goal has been to enjoy the moments and BE in the moment. Every second of this week spent with my mom, Lila, and BM...I am trying to stay in the moment. On Saturday during the run, I am getting in the moment. I love mission Thrive. I love how it keeps our goals in the forfront. Way to go!
WOO HOO!! You go girl!! You are tearing. it. up!! LOL! My heart dances to see you so happy and thriving. =D
Lovin' the Little Man intermission AND the cardinal shot!
Love you so much! And, as always, I am so proud of you! XOXOXOXOXOX
Way to go girl. You've got quite the check list that is getting lots of check marks. And you should be proud of yourself. Doing all that you are doing and taking care of little man is a lot of work and it sounds like you are doing a great job of balancing it all. I can tell through the enthusiam of your words that you are in such a happy place and for that I'm so happy for you! Way to go on losing all that weight...awesome! That is what I'm dreading the most once August comes around. Congrats to you on all that you are doing and have done!
Just had to come back and read... and look at the pictures... and smile again. I love you. XOXOXOX
Oh my gosh. I am just SO proud of all you have done over the past few weeks. I can feel your happiness just jump out when I read this post. I'm so glad that you are eating at home more often and getting organized. So awesome! And one more pound from pre-pregnancy weight?!?! That's awesome. SO proud of that!!!!
Post a Comment