
Apparently the Governor of Virginia has already declared a state of emergency for the entire state because of the winter storms we have coming this weekend. They start tonight around midnight and go through Saturday evening - at least in the Roanoke Valley.
So I thought it would be wise to go to the store to stock up on groceries before we were trapped in the house because of the 11 inches of snow we're supposed to get. Apparently everyone else had the same idea. It was MADNESS!!
I'm in the checkout line. Turn to the right, and this is what you see.

Turn to the left, and this is what you see.

Can you believe these crowds? (Note to self - get your rear to the store sooner than the night before the storms are scheduled to arrive.)
Alex was so good - especially considering that it was quickly creeping up on his night-night time, and we were in a LONG line to check out.

But just as it was about our turn, Alex let out a blood-curdling scream. I couldn't help myself. I laughed out loud because I thought he was just expressing what everyone else was feeling. AAAAAHHHHHH! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!
6 comments:
Oh my goodness, look at those lines! Holy cow! I'm glad you were able to stock up for the weekend! Sounds like it's going to be bad. Hopefully you can snap some pictures of all this snow. How pretty! And too funny that Alex decided to let out everyone's frustration in one big scream! Gotta love it!
I'm so glad you were able to get stocked up for the storm. I'm going to be praying that your heat and electricity stay on. Love you all so very much! Enjoy some more of that snow ice cream! XOXOXOXOXOX
This reminds me of hurricane season in Houston. The grocery lines are insane!!! Keep us posted on the winter storm. So sorry you have to go through that! But at least you have your two boys to keep you company!
Oh my, that sounds like all sorts of fun!!! I hope you guys stay safe and warm together in your house this weekend! Keep us posted with pics of the storm.
You tell em Alex.....ha!
P.S. Did you buy the Globe and read about the drunken white house parties???? Oh My!
Post a Comment