2.19.2010

Emergency Assistance Needed

Does anyone own a Diaper Champ? If so, PLEASE give me advice on how to get the lingering dirty diaper smell out of there. I've cleaned the thing three times today - with Comet, with Mr. Clean, and with Pine Sol. The smell of poo-poo still lingers. Is there anything that will get rid of that smell?

7 comments:

Solar Powered said...

Wish I could help, we have the Diaper Dekor Plus.

Tanna said...

LOL! There were no Diaper Champs in my day! LOL! The smell in YOUR diaper pail (for cloth diapers) COULD NOT be removed!! LOL! Stinky business! Who could ever imagine that such sweet little bundles of joy could be such little hazmat machines!

nanny said...

Amen Noni....they don't have a clue about smell...until you take the lid off that pail and take those "cloth" diapers out...whew...I can smell it now/ha

Lauri said...

Sorry, girl, we don't use any kind of diaper genie/champ, etc. Just a regular trash can that has to be emptied often! And here's a tip from Connor's old daycare: when you have a smelly diaper, put it in a plastic bag and tie it up with a tight knot before taking it to the trash can or diaper champ. It lessens the smell tremendously, if not completely.

Dana said...

Haha! Ours has ended up in our garage for the very same reason. We throw pee pee diapers in the trash can and poo poo diapers in the champ in the garage.

Katherine said...

We do exactly what Dana said. All poo poo diapers go STRAIGHT to the garage! And boy does that champ stink to high heaven! Also, when I change the diaper champs inside and out, I spray Lysol inside to try to help with the stink. I also buy the scented trash bags. Hope that helps, a little at least!! :)

Deb said...

did you try bleach....it usually kills all smells...your Mom is right about diaper pails....