2.23.2010

Little Man's Big Adventures - Hokie Town

Are you spontaneous? I wish I could say that I am, but I'm more of a planner. Every once in a while, though...

This weekend was one of those every-once-in-a-while moments. We woke up to a forecast of sunshine and 60ยบ, and I got the stirring for some sightseeing.

So we loaded up and headed to Hokie Town (a.k.a. Blacksburg, Virginia - home of Virginia Tech). Now, I'm not partial or impartial to that school, but I thought it would be a waste to live so close and never see it.


We stopped and ate lunch at a local hamburger joint. I asked Jerry if he wanted to split because I was planning to save room for this:
Rita's
Ice • Custard • Happiness

I mean, come on! Who wouldn't want to order up a little happiness. =)



A double scoop for me, please!

We spent the rest of the day soaking up the sunshine and walking Alex around the campus. We took him to see the "quack-quacks" at the duck pond.


To see the boys playing frisbee football in the snow - while wearing SHORTS!


To see the beautiful buildings.



And enjoying some quality family time.



5 comments:

Deb said...

sounds like a lot of fun...were they wearing shorts in the snow????

Dana said...

What a beautiful campus. It's so much fun to visit college campuses and see the beautiful buildings and parks. What a fun adventure. And I sure wish I were there to enjoy some of that happiness with you guys! YUM!

Katherine said...

What a fun, spur of the moment getaway! And some nice, quality family time most of all. Crazy that it was so warm and there was still so much snow. So pretty. There is a Rita's in Flower Mound, just around the corner from here and we love it. Jacob always asks to go there, even on the coldest of days! :) Glad you guys had a fun day!

Tanna said...

Love Rita's signage!!! LOL! Sounds like a wonderful spontaneous adventure! That Little Man looks like the biggest dose of happiness a person could find anywhere! =)

nanny said...

What a fun trip. I think college campuses have the greatest atmosphere! 60 degrees sounds great too!