This weekend we saw the movie Julie & Julia. All I've heard is how great it is. Did we see the same movie? I mean, it was ok, but great? Really? What am I missing?
LOL! I LOVED it! Thought Merly Streep was fabulous as Julia. Left wanting to buy the cookbook. I, too, was a little disappointed about the ending... but, life is disappointing sometimes. There was enough good to offset that for me. =}
I liked it but I can see where some were disappointed. I think maybe my experience with it was so great because I was 9 months pregnant, was forced to sit still, and was out of the heat for 2 hours eating popcorn and drinking diet coke.
yeah, i'm in the same boat as you. Rented it, but it didn't really hold my attention. Kind of depressing to think that in the end the real Julia Child kind of "dissed" her! (if that was true)
I really liked Meryl as Julia and thought she did a wonderful job. But that's where it ended for me. It was good. Not great. Don't need to see it again. (But I did get the cookbooks)
8 comments:
Have to admit I was a bit disappointed too...I really wanted Julie to meet Julia. Kind of let down..Loved Meryl though, she's awesome.
LOL! I LOVED it! Thought Merly Streep was fabulous as Julia. Left wanting to buy the cookbook. I, too, was a little disappointed about the ending... but, life is disappointing sometimes. There was enough good to offset that for me. =}
Meryl... okay... just cannot type on a laptop! lol
Hey girl...totally agree! It was ok but definitely not up to all the hype!
I heard it was SO good. I haven't seen it though. Maybe I won't now...
I liked it but I can see where some were disappointed. I think maybe my experience with it was so great because I was 9 months pregnant, was forced to sit still, and was out of the heat for 2 hours eating popcorn and drinking diet coke.
yeah, i'm in the same boat as you. Rented it, but it didn't really hold my attention. Kind of depressing to think that in the end the real Julia Child kind of "dissed" her! (if that was true)
I really liked Meryl as Julia and thought she did a wonderful job. But that's where it ended for me. It was good. Not great. Don't need to see it again. (But I did get the cookbooks)
Post a Comment