1.07.2010

Sick and tired of being sick and tired


Sometimes it takes a lot to motivate me to tackle change - especially change that is difficult for one reason or another. And when I do make it, it is usually because I've been hit by the one-two punch.

Punch one: a realization that something is not working. I usually know when I've been hit by punch one right away. But, for whatever reason, punch one is seldom enough for me. Don't ask me why, it's just not. I can go on for a LONG time realizing that something isn't working and still not do anything about it. Sad, isn't it?

Punch two: after I've realized that something isn't working, I eventually come to the place where I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. When I reach that point, I can kick it into high gear.

So what does all of this have to do with anything? Well, I've been living with a constant barrage of punch ones for months when it has come to my job. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love my company. I love what I do for my company. But there were other circumstances that...well, they just weren't working. And this week, punch two hit me square in the face. And I knew it was time to take action.

Today I made one of the toughest and biggest decisions of my life. Today I quit my job. And I absolutely couldn't be happier about this decision. I will miss all the things I love about it, but I feel a resurgence of life again - it's time for the next season. And, boy, am I ready!

9 comments:

Katherine said...

SOOOOOO excited for you, Jerry and Alex and what this means for the next chapter of your lifes! So, so happy for you!

nanny said...

I am so happy for you...life is too short to live it sick and tired. You have to be happy to live it to the fullest!

Solar Powered said...

I could not be happier for you. I'm so excited for your new chapter and for your year of rejuvination. What a way to kick off 2010!

Now, if we can just talk some sense into my husband who also happens to be "sick and tired" for three years!

Tanna said...

Yeah, baby!!!! This mom is so happy to see her dear and precious daughter moving toward feeling good about life again!! Bring on the blooms!!!

Lauri said...

GO GIRL!!! I'm so excited for you and for the future you are now facing with your family. So many wonderful moments are awaiting you, all because you had the courage to take this first step. Congrats!!

Dana said...

I am so proud of your decision. I know your job has always been so important to you. It's amazing how such a little guy can really change your perspective on things. Good for you for taking your life back and putting Alex and Jerry first! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures with Alex.

Lisa said...

So excited for you! I think you are gonna love staying home! I am so happy YOU are happy with your decision!

Deb said...

Amanda...so nice to meet you...glad you stopped by for a visit...your little boy is just precious...I enjoy hearing about him from your Mom's blog...looking forward to reading more of your posts....

Elise said...

Amanda, I had no idea! You deserve the best and I know you will enjoy every minute you will now get to spend with Munchie and Jerry. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Keep in touch!