1.28.2010

Mission: THRIVE (Check-in)


The last Thursday of the month is my day to report in on Mission: THRIVE. Here are the goals I set for myself last month.

Deepen my faith by
  • attending church every weekend I'm in town.
  • starting a bible study
Deepen my marriage by
  • reading His Needs, Her Needs
  • having a date night at least once a month
Demonstrating self-care by
  • moving at least four times a week
  • eating at least two fruits/veggies per day
All-in-all, I'd say I'm faring pretty well. Jerry and I attended church when we were in town this month (which unfortunately was only two weekends because of some unexpected travel plans), and I've signed up for a bible study with a group of women from my church which I've attended the last two weeks.

Still working on reading His Needs, Her Needs - need to move this up in the list of priorities for next month. And Jerry and I did manage to have a date night last weekend when we were in Dallas. Noni and Pop Pop watched Little Man while Jerry and I were gluttons at Babe's. Man, that fried chicken is the best!

But it's the self-care that really takes the cake for me this month. For the most part, I did manage to eat two fruits/veggies per day, although, sadly, I didn't make any progress on the "move four times a week" goal. However - and this is a BIG however - I did do some other things in the self-care department that I'm really excited about. 1.) I quit my job. 2.) I signed up for a photography class. I've been having so much fun making plans for how I'm going to spend my time with Alex during the day and making family more of a priority in 2010. And the photography class is something I've wanted to do for a long time now. I have lots to learn. And I can tell I'm going to be a slow learner. Once I become a bit more proficient at the basics I've been learning, maybe I'll sign up for another course. Who knows!

For February, I've been thinking about these things.
  • Complete His Needs, Her Needs
  • Practice the skills I've learned in my photography class
  • Develop a weekly meal plan
  • Cook meals at home at least three nights a week
  • Begin organizing the house - complete the guest bedroom and organize the bed linens
  • Have a quiet time every morning
I'll report in next month on progress...

8 comments:

Deb said...

Amanda...sounds like you are doing great...next time your in Dallas try The Flying Fish if you like seafood....they have a fun attmosphere...good prices and good food...I bet you are loving staying home with that little cutie pie of yours...it is a good idea for you and your husband to find time for each other....it's easy to get wrapped up in raising a family and forgetting to spend quality time together...

Solar Powered said...

Amen on the flying fish, love it. I agree with Deb, the new you, sounds great. An inspiration for sure.

Tanna said...

Woo Hoo to all the good progress!!! You have outdone yourself for change in one month's time! LOL! The best part for me is the change in your voice... As your mom, not much else makes me happier than to know you are happy and well. Love you dearly! Look forward to seeing where you go over one more month!!! LOL... like the birds, you seem to be in flight! XOXOXOXXO

Dana said...

I'm so excited about your photography class. What a fun thing to do. Can't wait to see all of your products! Glad you are making some positive changes. You sound happy. :-) And that makes me happy!

Katherine said...

You go girl. Great goals. Great progress. I am proud of you and proud of your dedication. And I am so excited for the peace that you seem to have and the happiness that you are showing. You sound like you are in a great place. And I'm so happy for that! And I would love for you to share any photography tips you might have. Do share! :)

Lauri said...

I am so proud of you and your Mom for setting goals and sticking to them! I don't even bother setting them so I won't set myself up for failure, ha! I'm SOOO jealous of the photography class. I've wanted to do that forever. Can't wait for you to share some tips!

nanny said...

Heard you were doing the photo classes.....I want to do them also.. which ones did you enroll in?

Tammy said...

Sounds like you did great. And I am envious of your photography class. Maybe you can do a photo series for beginners later on. Otherwise enjoy all that time home with the little man.

tammy