1.04.2010

Snow in Roanoke


I'm behind on my blog posts! Thought I'd share a picture of Mirabelle blanketed in 15 inches of snow before Christmas. We STILL have snow in our front yard. And with the temperatures in the teens and 20s this week, it probably won't be going away any time soon!

In Texas, we bordered our yard with Christmas lights. We thought we'd do the same in Roanoke. Rookie mistake. You can see for yourself why people here don't do that.

7 comments:

nanny said...

Oh My and I thought I had snow......I have enough though/ha

Katherine said...

Wow! Look at all that snow! It's beautiful and so thick! That is definitely something we won't ever see here! So enjoy it while you can! Too bad little Alex isn't old enough to enjoy it! Stay warm!

Tanna said...

It is beautiful! I personally am tired of the bitter cold!! Give me sunshine and warmth!! LOL! Won't be for awhile!

Lauri said...

Definitely beautiful in a picture! I admit I wouldn't want it around for long though. I hope you guys stay nice and warm! Oh and I laughed out loud about the "rookie mistake!"

Dana said...

Wow!!! I can't believe how high it is - it has almost completely covered your beautiful WE BELIEVE sign! It's stinking cold around here and I'm ready for some warmer days!

Solar Powered said...

LOL! It's a very pretty picture. I can't believe all that snow! Do you get to stay home when it snows?

Sandra Ogden said...

Thanks for the good laugh "rookie mistake"! Beautiful snow!