
Sweet boy,
You have given me so many smiles these past three years. Being your mommy is the best job in the world. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
You are a sweet spirit – goodness down to your very core. You are a kind friend, you love your family, and you have such a heart of gratitude. You are genuinely grateful when you are given things and when people spend time with you. It makes my eyes well up with tears of joy when I see you give heart-felt thanks to people, especially when you do it without being prompted. Your daddy and I have prayed since you were a baby that you would have a grateful heart. Gratitude makes life's journey much sweeter, and we love seeing God answer our prayers so early in your life.
I love watching you grow and learn. You are cautious to take on new things until you have the confidence that you can do them well – much like your mommy. I hope you won't let fear of failure hold you back in life because you can do all things through Jesus.
The other night before bed, you and I were talking, and I asked you about some of your favorites. Here's what you said.
- favorite toy - Cars
- favorite color - blue
- favorite snack - yogurt raisins
- favorite food - peanut butter toast
- favorite book - Cars stories
- favorite thing to do - play/race cars
- favorite friend - Charlotte Ann and Roo-bear
XOXO,
Mommy
5 comments:
I can't wait to hear about Alex's big day. I just loved getting to know him better in Destin, and I especially loved witnessing his sweet and gentle spirit. Is it just me, or did these past 3 years speed by? We blinked and our babies are now 3. *Sigh*
Happy birthday sweet Alex!
Best,
Bonnie
Happy birthday to Alex! I LOVE this photo of you and Alex. It's the absolute best ever!!! I hope you have a big one framed in your house. I've missed your posts and I'm so glad to see two great ones in one day. :)
Once again, I have wondered if you love someone so much... how you could possibly love another... how there would be enough space for next, when the first takes up so much space in your heart... but, you do... Oh, yes you do. These two are gifts beyond measure. Beyond measure.
Bigger than the sky... to the moon and back... Noni
Very sweet! I loved getting to know him so well. What a great kid. Despite how it appeared at times, Jackson really seemed to like Alex. Whenever we talk about an Alex at our house he asks if it's Aunt Tin Tin's Alex or the Alex that sucks his thumb. :-) Poor Alex will never get away from that association for Jackson. We loved getting to spend a week with your family and getting to know the boys better was so much fun for me. You have a beautiful family. You should be very proud!
Post a Comment