Thank goodness Walmart was up and running. It was almost one-stop shopping for all things "Speed" party related. I loaded that buggy up! I could not disappoint my Little Man who is a lover of all things Speed, a.k.a. Lightning McQueen.
Alex talked for months about wanting a "Speed" birthday party. Well, a Speed birthday party it was - complete with Speed cake, Speed games, and Speed prizes.
One night after Roo went to bed, I took Alex to the store to order his birthday cake. We looked at all of the Cars cakes they offered, and he got to pick out the one he liked best. I wasn't surprised that he chose this one because he had been eyeing it for weeks. We ordered it in chocolate, his favorite. When we sang Happy Birthday, he sat next to his cake looking a little sad. I don't think he enjoyed being in the spotlight too much.

But he was all for blowing the candles out. It took a few tries, but he got those suckers blown out!

Here he is enjoying his cake. The black icing they used for the track left lots of black teeth and lips. He wasted no time eating because he was anxious to get right to the gifts. =)

One of his birthday gifts - a blue M&M dispenser. The boy LOVES most anything that's blue, but most especially "blue M&Ns" as he calls them.

One of the gifts he asked for was a "sfarkly Sfeed with sfarkly wheels and sfarkly eyes." Of course they don't make "sparkly Speed with sparkly wheels and sparkly eyes" anymore because that was from Cars - The Original. Thank goodness for ebay! Jerry tracked the thing down months ago, and we hid it until Alex's birthday. I don't have any pictures of it to share, but he was excited to get it. Until he told us that it wasn't the right one. What?! It was exactly like the one he showed us!! Go figure. I am happy to report that it is getting some action in play time these days, though.
One of his other gifts...

Think he was having a good time? Yes he was - running us all down. We've got a lot of work to do in the next 13 years before he hits the road solo! Watch out - KACHOW!

Here's Noni hard at work keeping Roodle out of harm's way. We had a few close calls!

It didn't take much for Little Man to end up, shall we say...slightly off course? Poor Pop Pop played the role of Mater, pulling Speed out when he got stuck. Pop Pop Mater stayed very busy! LOL!
Here's Alex and his friends doing some Speed bowling.
And the tire races.

Noni and I helped the girl's team. =)

The day after the party was Alex's actual birthday, so we just continued the celebration right on through the weekend. We took him to the bounce house place, another of his favorite activities.
While Alex rode the slide over and over and over again, Roo played with the balls, one of his favorite pastimes.
And after dinner at Chipotle, we got frozen yogurt at a new little yogurt bar in town called Bloop. Very cute. It had just opened the day before, and the sweet owners were kind enough to offer to take a family photo. =)

Yes, it was a weekend packed full of fun and laughter. Lots of smiles and lots of playing. And many thanks to Noni and Pop Pop for coming to help make this celebration so special!







6 comments:
So great - looks like another winning birthday party. You make it look so effortless. I'm telling you, I'm hiring you to coordinate our next round of birthday parties. I took notes since I see a Cars birthday in our future. Connor does love Lightning McQueen and all his friends. Alex's cake was amazing!!! Fun pictures as usual. :-)
Sooooooo glad we were able to make the big Number 3!! I note we posted several of the same ones today!! LOL! Thank you. Love y'all to the moon and back!! XOXOXOXO
Given the families track record he is just starting out the right way haha maybe he will get the led foot tamed down and the close calls under control in the next few years hahah Happy happy Birthday to the Big 3 from all of us here in West Texas we all wish we were there to floor your little speed to the max :)) xoxoxoxoxoxo
Oh, what fun!! Alex's party and birthday looked to be such a success and so much fun for everyone. I am a little jealous of his super cool Speed car (the big one, ha!). That is every kid's dream toy! You did such a great job of pulling everything together despite the challenges. Alex's smile in that last picture is priceless!!
What fun, fun, fun birthday celebrations. I just wish we were closer so that I could be a part of all of the fun! You did a great job getting everything together in such a short time. Impressive. Of course I would never doubt your ability!! I'm so glad your mom and Evan got to be there to celebrate. I know that made it so much more special.
Hugs to you, friend!
You sure whipped up a great party!!! Alex's smile says it all!
Happy belated Birthday sweet little man!
Post a Comment