Yesterday, my friend Lauren and I loaded up our cars with all kinds of props to take Christmas pictures of her daughter Charlotte Ann. At the beginning of our little photo session, Charlotte Ann was not really all that interested in having her picture made. She wasn't interested in the props or sitting still for the camera. So I decided to let her do what all children her age do best - just play around and hope that I could capture some of the sweet moments of her play. By the end, we had some great shots of Charlotte Ann and her sweet smile. And a few with her mommy, too.
This morning I decided I wanted to try to get some pictures of our family for our Christmas card. Let me just say that our session did not go nearly as well as Charlotte Ann's. Of the almost 200 pictures I took, the only one I liked was this one of Alex and his daddy.
What can I say? Some days you've got it, some days you don't. Here's hoping that I am more successful with round 2...





7 comments:
The pictures of your friend and her little girl are precious! I wish you were here to take some family pics for us! I hope you are able to get some of your family that you are happy with for your card. I have no doubt that you will with your talent. I am SO impressed with how much you have learned and improved with your picture taking. Especially with a little one running around. You should be proud! Love you!
Oh so impressed, those are precious. Isn't it wayyyyy more difficult than it looks? Especially when working with the 1 year old and 2 year old population! Great work!
I LOVE the first photo!!! They are really, really good. I am so proud of your work to improve your photography skills! It doesn't "just happen," though I keep waiting! LOL! Maybe I can help capture your little herd of reindeer. LOL! XOXOXO
Amanda you have a true talent and gift for photography! Those are precious pics!
Yes, the pics are GREAT!! You would definitely be our photographer if we were closer. I know it can be frustrating trying to get that oh-so-perfect shot of your own family. I have no doubt you'll get it, and I sure can't wait to see it!
I think we are all in agreement- great pictures Amanda! You definitely have the creative eye with that camera. I so wish you lived here, I would get you to take our family pictures ALL the time! I know you will get just the perfect picture for your card.
I am a little sad for our card this year. I decided to use the newborn family picture, which I like. But you know me. I like to get a fun, festive picture but I just didn't have it in me this year. Couldn't imagine having to coordinate outfits and coordinate smiles for everyone. TOO stressful this year! Maybe next year! :)
OK, these shots are straight out of Pottery Barn Kids, especially that first one. Great job Amanda! Also, I love the kissing shot. Super precious.
Post a Comment