11.11.2010

He's getting so big!

Yesterday I walked into the living room and found this.
Little Man had put on my shoes and was walking around. He was quite pleased with himself. Too funny! We both got a great laugh out of it.

Also, tonight Alex had his first meal where he fed himself with a spoon with very little assistance from me.
A couple of things worth noting...
  • He tried hard to scoop the food onto the spoon by pushing it around, but when he couldn't get it on, he decided to pick the food up with the other hand and place it on the spoon and then put it in his mouth
  • He became quite distressed by how dirty he was - especially his hands
Needless to say, we went straight to the bath after this little endeavor. 

6 comments:

Lauri said...

Awesome! Who knew LM had such coordination in his Momma's shoes! haha!

And I'm so proud of LM for feeding himself with a spoon! Although I think I'm even more proud of YOU for LETTING him do that. Honestly sometimes I think Kaitlynn won't be allowed to do that until she's 5 because I can't STAND messes!

Lauren said...

Go Alex! Griffin does the same thing with his training fork. If he can't stab the food, he picks it up and sticks on the fork and then eats it. Great minds think alike I guess!

Tanna said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I love the shoes AND the feeding process! LOVE my Little Man!! XOXOXOXOOX About to head to watercolor class! I'm trying to mentally prepare for the humiliation!! LOL! Love you.

Dana said...

Good for Alex. It's so fun when they start to feed themselves but it is VERY MESSY! I have to sweep every day around here. Oh and the mess that the high chair/booster seat become. Gross! But it's all part of growing up!

Love that he is walking in your shoes. J loves to do that too!

nanny said...

How sweet.....love the pictures!
Put it in the spoon and then his mouth...A+ for your effort LM!

Solar Powered said...

Way to go Alex! Your friend Lila is working at it but can't master that spoon just yet :).

Amanda, I gotta get us one of those seats. I like it much better than our current high chair.