5.02.2010

A Weekend of Festivals

This weekend we hit a couple of local festivals that were happening downtown.

The first was the Annual Chili Cook-off Festival. I sure wish someone could tell me who decided that a chili festival should take place in May - and why. Especially when the temperatures are closing in on 90ยบ. I like my chili as much as the next person, but in May? I vote they move it to the fall!


It was so hot that Alex sweat most of the day. Poor little guy. He loves the outdoors, but even this tested his limits.

After the chili fest, we went to the 30th Annual Strawberry Festival. Now that's what I'm talking about!



I wish I had gotten a picture of our giant strawberry shortcake, but it was eaten so fast that I didn't even have time to get out the camera.

Little Man played in the park while we listened to live music. I let him borrow my hat so that he could have some shade from the sunshine.


On our way back to the car we stopped off at the local farmers market to check out the fresh produce and plants.



Little Man had been a real trooper, but he was ready for his nap. And some cool air! Mommy and Daddy were, too!

5 comments:

Tanna said...

I love the sweaty strand of his sweet hair. Oh, Noni needs some Little Man lovin'.

I'm with you on the chili cookoff. It's a fall thing. I do love the rowdy gal chili with her stir it up sign!! LOL!

Looks like it was a fun weekend!! XOXOXOXOXOX

Katherine said...

Ok, I have been wondering where you have been. I was about to email you to make sure everything was ok. It's not like you to be offline! haha! But I am glad you were able to get so much accomplished during your blog hiatus! Everything looks just great. I can't get over how different everything looks from when we were there last fall. It's a completely different living room, for sure!

I love the refinished chair and the chalkboard. All done without spending much money, which is what I like! I can tell you I am about tired of spending money on house stuff. While it is fun getting new stuff etc, it's gets really old.

And the chili cook off and strawberry festival look like fun family outings. But I do agree the chili cook off should be in the fall for sure! Looks like little man enjoyed the outdoor activities as well!

Can't wait to see more pictures of the creative things you are doing! I miss you and am so looking forward to seeing you all in July! It's just a few months away now! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda!
I've read through your entire blog and loved every single post!! What a great way with words you have. Your home is beautiful and so are you. And Alex, oh my, what a doll he is. I really miss y'all so much. Your life sounds wonderful though and I'm very happy to know you've made a breakthrough.

Your reaching out to me has helped me as my own cold season is beginning to thaw. Heartache will do that to us - send us downward - underground. And usually that's where God shows me the most about his love and grace and compassion.

Give my love to Jerry and the little man!

Dana said...

Looks like lots of fun. I love the farmers market and the warm air. Glad you guys got to take advantage of the festivals.

Lauri said...

I love festivals!! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy some quality family time in the outdoors. And it definitely looks warm there, poor sweaty Alex! I tell you, this week of near 90 degree days here has reminded me how much I'm not looking forward to the summer! The heat just seems to suck the energy right out of me. Anyway, thanks for sharing your fun pics and adventures. I know there are lots more in your future!!