Are you a "car person?" I've been a "car person" ever since I was a little girl. I have always wanted a cute, sporty ride.
December 2007, my car dreams came true. Meet Mini Pearl.
For months after I got her, I would come home from work each night, look at Jerry and say, "I LOVE this car. I mean, I knew I would like it, but I really, really LOVE this car." I love how she looks. I love how she drives. I love how she sounds. I love how she feels. Love, love, love.
This year, I realized it was time to sell her. Jerry would never have asked me to give up my dream car, but I knew it was time for something bigger (Alex takes up a lot of room) and a lower car payment (makes it a little easier to stay home with the Little Man).
The car finally sold this week. We got the check in the mail today, and the shipping truck is coming to pick the car up tomorrow. So last night I took her for one last drive. I cried.
Y'all. I don't know why I'm so sad about selling Mini, but I am. I don't understand it. All I can imagine is that it has something to do with working hard to achieve something you've always wanted in life and then letting go of it. I don't know. I just know it's been harder to let go than I thought.
6 comments:
I love you. Letting go sucks sometimes. It just sucks. Sometimes it takes awhile before it gets better... but, it always does. I'm sending you lots and lots of love... just remember all you have to hold on to as you let Mini go... I'm sorry it is so hard. XOXOXOXXO
PS... the hershey's milk chocolate almond bites can't hurt.
So sorry that you had to part with your car.
God is in the midst and he is always in control and on time. God bless you and give you the peace that only comes from Him.
Oh, that made me a little sad. :-( I can totally understand how you are feeling. She represented a time in your life and your accomplishments. And letting her go is like letting go of some of that. Hopefully everytime you see Alex's sweet face in the mirror will make it a little easier to let her go. Having kids definitely causes you to make some sacrifices, doesn't it? Some easier than others.
I totally get it. Sorry you have to say goodbye to Mini.
Oh girl. I get it, too. I'm so sorry that it's been such a tough sacrifice for you, despite the joy you undoubtedly feel for the gift you've received in return (Alex).
When I read your words, it reminded me of what I've felt (and still sometimes feel) about giving up my job to stay at home. Letting go is hard.
Oh Amanda, this is a very emotional thing for me. I am a total car person...the faster the better. I cruise my mom Camry these days but yes, I get unhealthy attachments to cars. Might I say that car looks just like you! In twenty years let's return to sporty, convertible maybe?
Post a Comment