If you're in the market for old house parts like doors, lighting, door knobs, windows, claw feet for old tubs, cast iron sinks - that sort of thing - then Black Dog is the place to go. It is a treasure trove of old goodies.
After Black Dog, we all went to Pops Ice Cream and Soda Bar for grilled cheese sandwiches and cherry cola. Yummy!
Now, I know the sign says, "Ice Cream for Strength," but I'm more of a cupcake girl. And this was my lucky day because a new cupcake shop opened just down the way from Pops! Viva La Cupcake. It was DELICIOUS!!
We also had an outing to Smith Mountain Lake today with our church small group. We made a corn salad to take for one of the lunch sides. I didn't take a photo of the finished product, but Paula Deen had this one in her magazine where I got the recipe.
This dish is so yummy and super easy to make. If you have a barbecue or picnic, this is a great dish to serve.
Corn Salad
2 (15 oz.) cans whole kernel corn, drained
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup red onions, chopped
1 (10.5 oz.) bag coarsely crushed chili-cheese corn chips
Mix first 5 ingredients and chill. Stir in corn chips just before serving.
Makes 8 servings
The lake was much too cold to take a dip, so Little Man enjoyed his first time in a sand box instead.
He was very curious about the sand and took some time to really inspect it.
Of course he had to taste it, too. Ha! I don't think I'll be sad when the everything-goes-in-the-mouth phase passes.
We're looking forward to a low-key day tomorrow just hanging out and doing a little yard work with Daddy.







4 comments:
What fun outings you guys had this week. Glad you got to enjoy the sites around town, with friends. So proud of you for getting out there and meeting some new friends. We both know that is not an easy thing to do! So happy for you. And I love that you had a little helper while in the kitchen. And I love his little hat he wore while in the sand box. Too cute!
Fun, fun week!!! I have no doubt that was the best corn salad ever with Little Man as the sous chef! LOL! Loved seeing the pictures! Love all of ya'll. XOXOXOXO
That all sounds like so much fun. The corn dip sounds delicious - especially the fritos! Love that Alex is really getting into inspecting things and tasting! I was SO happy when this phase was over with Jackson. He definitely ate his fair share of dirt! Now he just digs in it and puts it all over his clothes and under his fingernails!!!
Oooh, I'm definitely going to try that recipe, thanks for sharing!! I always love new little side dishes to add to the rotation.
I'm so happy to hear that you guys are getting out and having such neat adventures! Exploring the new restaurants and eateries sounds so fun. So I have to know, is the new cupcake place better than that other one (I already forgot the name)? It never hurts to have more choices to feed our sweet tooth, ha!
And I'm loving the new pics of Little Man. He is way too busy exploring to pose for the camera!
Post a Comment