His chocolate brown eyes just melt my heart. Especially when they gaze into mine for long stretches of time when I feed him his bottle. Those eyes tell quiet stories - the ones he's saved just for me at that moment in time.
He blesses my soul. Especially when he's tired, and he nestles his head on my chest - facing my right shoulder so that he can suck the tiny little thumb on his left hand. I hold him with one arm under his bottom, and I cradle his head with my other hand. And give him kiss after kiss after kiss on top of that little noggin.
His laugh is like sunshine. You hear it, and it just washes away every bit of bad day you may have had before that moment.
I hope his heart feels how much he is loved. Funny, I bet God is saying that very same thing about each of us right now.
5 comments:
I'm seeing a McAffee logo here! Grrrrrr... I'll have to get Pop Pop to show me on his laptop... but, I hear ever word you are saying... Sunshine. Pure sunshine to my soul, too. And, yes... parenting gives you a much better idea of how deeply we are loved... though God far exceeds all our understanding... glimmers are reassuring.
So true, so true...both to you and your Mom's comments. I love your description of Alex's laugh as sunshine (so accurate) and your Mom's statement that "glimmers are reassuring" (so insightful)!
I can completely relate to your thoughts about sweet Alex as he cuddles close with his Mom. Sometimes when I'm holding Kaitlynn I am just completely overwhelmed with my love for her and I beg her to stay small for just a little while longer so I can continue to soak it all in. It goes by too fast for me.
And I love the pic of Alex. It continues to amaze me what a perfect blend of both you and Jerry he is. In this picture, he looks more like his Mommy to me ;-)
One more thing...I am really anxious to have part 2 of our conversation, especially after reading your comment on my blog yesterday. Call if you get a chance this weekend. I miss you!!!!
What a bundle of sweetness he is. Looks like for a brief moment he is enjoying his tummy time! I love hearing your detailed description of what these little moments with Alex are like! It makes my heart smile to see you as a mom but more so, seeing you as a 'madly in love with your sweet son' kind of mom! Love it! It is such precious time and precious moments to never forget! So glad you are embracing them for all they are worth!
Such a sweet post. It's amazing how quickly you can love another human being so much! And that love just grows and grows over time. He is getting so big an so beautiful.
Oh Amanda, tears first thing on a Saturday morning. I'm sure to be a sap the rest of the day. I'm worthless when those eyes lock in on me during a bottle...no words for the love. This is such a special post and that picture is adorable.
Post a Comment