Three months.
Two months.
One month.
Eleven days.
Four months! Where does the time go? I can't believe how much he's changed - how much he's doing these days. In the last couple of weeks, Alex has picked up all kinds of new tricks.
He laughs.
He constantly chomps on his fists.
He's found his voice. So he talks. And yells. A lot.
He drools like a leaky faucet.
He rolls over.
He lifts his head up really well.
He's sleeping on his stomach because he rolls over in his bed at night.
And, funny enough, do you remember when he would always be hiding behind the placenta whenever we went to get sonogram pictures of him?

Well, he must like to cuddle up to things because every time we go in to check on him in his crib, he is always nestled up to the side of it. We scoot him away; he scoots himself back. He likes being cozy.

He sucks his thumb and actually prefers it to the paci. Which is why we've also stopped swaddling him at night.
He made some progress and started sleeping through the night. But now he's regressed and has been getting up once a night, usually around 4a. I'm ready for him to go back to 6a. Any prayers in this area are much appreciated.
And in the last couple of days, he's been cranky. I don't know if he's teething or in a growth spurt or what, but he seems to need lots of attention. He doesn't entertain himself like he used to. If we put him down to play, he'll only do it for a few minutes at a time before he starts fussing. I can't tell if he's frustrated, hungry, in pain... Poor little guy. I miss my happy Alex.
8 comments:
Probably a lil early for teething, but every child is different. Isabel got her first tooth at about 8 months. BTW...hyland dissolvable teething tablets found at walgreens or walmart - the best thing EVER invented. Just give 2 or 3 when they are fussy from teething pain. Works awesome. She was crazy fussy (at night of course) and then we discovered these -WOW what a difference they made. Gave them to her every night. Love the new pics!
I love the all the new pics and tricks! I love how cute he is sleeping on his tummy - he seems like such a cuddler! And I completely understand about his sleep regression and crankiness... I think these babies just grow so fast that they are constantly going through new phases and stages. As soon as I think I've got K figured out, something changes. Thank goodness they are so sweet and cute so we can endure just about anything!
That picture of him in his bed is precious. Something about babies sleeping on their bellys just makes me happy! I'll say a little sleep prayer for you and hope that happy Alex comes back soon.
That boy is just too precious for any words. I love him dearly. Personally, I think he is snuggling with the bumper pad because he needs his Noni-bed. I know his Noni-bed needs him.
Drooling + fussy + four months = watch for the first tooth. You and Zack popped your first ones through at four months.
Oh my goodness...so so so sweet! he will probably start sleeping better now that he's on his tummy. Jackson sleeps much better that way. And don't you just love the footed sleepers? He looks so precious!
He is looking more like you in the 4 month picture. He's a great mix of the two of you.
What a big boy he is! I love the comparison pictures with Sammy. It is amazing how much they grow in just a matter of months! And I have to agree with your mom...drooling, fussy and chewing on the fists are CLASSIC teething signs! And I also agree with Lisa about the Hyland teething tablets. They are great!! And I do love his sleeping picture all cuddled up to the bumper! They are so darn peaceful when they sleep! So, so sweet!
Sweet, sweet! I predict next month he'll have Sammy in his lap chewing on him.......
AND, I agree with Noni, he needs his Noni-bed!!!!!
Post a Comment