11.27.2009

Thanksgiving at The Homestead

This was our first Thanksgiving to spend without family. Rather than stay at home and cook a traditional Thanksgiving meal for two people, I thought it would be more fun for us to go away.

On Wednesday we headed to Hot Springs, Virginia, to stay at a resort called The Homestead.

Wednesday evening we bundled up for a Holiday Hayride where we got to see Christmas lights and have smores and hot chocolate.

On Thursday, we got dressed up and went to their Thanksgiving brunch.


It was DELICIOUS! Turkey, roast beef, bacon wrapped pork loin, fresh shrimp, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, fresh asparagus, deviled eggs, red velvet cake, eggnog cookies, cranberry and white chocolate chip cookies - oh my goodness I was stuffed. And yes, I had some of all of those things! And check out this bread table! This was just the bread table! I would have snapped photos of the other food tables, but people were starting to look at me funny.

The resort was all decked out for the holidays. There were Christmas trees, lights, gingerbread houses, an ice skating rink, magic shows, movies, you name it.




Although this place was packed full of fun, poor little Alex wasn't feeling all that great. (We think his teeth are trying to come in.) His face in these pictures pretty much sums up how he felt all day.


Despite Alex not feeling well, we had a good time. At least as good of a time as you can have without family on a holiday.

2 comments:

nanny said...

What a beautiful place to spend your Thanksgiving...You all look so nice!! People just don't understand the blogger photos/ha

Lauri said...

I feel like I could see, hear, feel, and taste everything you experienced on Thanksgiving! And I think it's just awesome that you guys were able to spend such great quality time together at such an incredible location!