After we finished packing bags, wrapping up loose ends at work, and loading up the car. We headed to the hospital and Amanda was admitted right away and has continued to progress very well.
She got to her room around noon or so, and has spent the past few hours working through the pain of contractions. She has done really well! The Dr. just gave her the epideral, and I think the meds are kicking in, as she is resting now.
It is approx. 2:45 pm EST, and is currently dialated to about a 6 & 90% efaced. Alex has started to make his way down. With any luck, she'll continue to progress and Alex will be here soon.
Those of you who know my beloved wife will appreciate her latest question... "How soon after he is born can I eat?" :) Forget the pain, when can she eat... that's my girl...
Thanks for everyone's thoughts & prayers.
Love, J
4 comments:
Thanks for the update, Jerry! I've been hitting refresh all day waiting for news!! I'm so glad Amanda is progressing so quickly - what a blessing! And yes, eating is a BIG priority...make sure you have that Mommy a yummy burger or pizza on hand after Alex's debut! :-)
Yea Amanda and Alex! I'm so glad it's going so well for her! What a blessing! And you too Jerry for being her support. Oh how I wish I could be there right now! Can't wait to hear more!
Yea! We've been dying to hear more!!! We are so excited and eager to hear of Alex's arrival. I cannot wait for you guys to meet this most precious blessing! What a special moment it will be. LOVE to you guys...
ABSOLUTELY LOVE the food comment! I am right there with you!
Post a Comment