As Amanda & I were up this morning for a feeding at about 6:00 am we realized that it had been exactly 48 hours since her water broke. As we reflected on the blur that was the last 2 days, we were in awe of the gift & blessing we have received.
There is an old saying about parenting .... if you aren't one, you can't understand it, and if you are one, you really can't explain it. I know we imagined what this would be like, but it really is a unique & special privilege that can only be experienced.
We really appreciate all the kind & thoughtful, emails & phone calls we have received over the past few days. As you can imagine, we haven't had much time or energy to post any updates since Alex was born. Amanda's mom is here and has allowed me to go home during the day to rest up to help with the night shift. As soon as Amanda's water broke on 7/8, she called her mom. Tanna (Amanda's mom) left TX about 45 mins after the call and drove 16 hours straight to VA. She arrived about 10:30 pm, just about 3 hours after Alex was born.
We are expected to be released from the hospital this morning, and from what I hear, that is when the real fun begins... :)
I know AC or I will have more postings over the next week or so, but for now we wanted to share a few more pictures of our little man.

6 comments:
What a doll! As Isabel has been saying " I need to see him!" And my variation is that I need to hold him and kiss him! LOVE LOVE the new pics...he is an angel! Thanks for posting, I know yall are exhausted! Love yall!
I just have to say that I can see the Correa in the pic where his sweet lil eyes are open...not sure if it is his eyes or facial expression...either way I just LOVE him!
I hope you guys are on your way home soon! Let the fun begin! I'm so glad you are enjoying your little guy already! It really is a honor and a privilege to be a parent, as you said! Babies are such a blessing, in so many ways and I'm so happy you are able to experience this wonderful world of parenting!
SO, SO, SO sweet. Isn't it amazing how quickly God changes our hearts when a little one arrives? I can tell you guys are already wrapped around his little fingers! I love it! Take care of yourselves over the next few days and call if you have questions...it wasn't that long ago that we brought Jackson home from the hospital.
Welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood! You now both understand why the rest of us have loved it so much -- There is no greater joy in the world! Alex is simply gorgeous...you two did great!!! Can't wait for more pics. Good luck with your first days at home.
Okay, I may have to comment on each post as I get caught up and each one might just say how beautiful he is! And... wow... Jerry... love that Jerry is posting. Amanda, you always talked about what a wonderful man and husband he is and it's obvious he will be a great daddy too. Very touching. I'm also certain that you're already becoming the best mommy ever!
Post a Comment