You know the scene, right? The one where you've been planning (and stressing) for weeks about how to get everything just right for the Christmas card photos.
You've managed to solve the outfit situation. The clothes are all clean, pressed, ready to go. You avoid anything, anything that could cause a stain in the few minutes between getting them dressed and getting to the location where you're going to do pictures. Every hair is (temporarily) in place. Sprayed down even in hopes that it will stay just like you've fixed it.
You've done some location scouting. You've gathered props. You've picked the time of day that will work best with their nap schedules. And the time that allows for good lighting. You bring bribes. You bring "entertainment." And then, you just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best.
But as is so often the case for me, the best laid plans... I have tried, not one, not two, but three times to take pictures of the boys for our Christmas card. All I ask is for one. little. picture. where they are both smiling joyfully. I don't need them to be looking at the camera. I don't even need the props. I just want one shot with both boys who have the look of joy that Christmas brings.
But do you know what I get instead? This.
Goodness gracious sakes alive, people! I am feeling defeated! But I am determined to give it another go. I've just needed a few days to psyche myself up again (and to beg Jerry to once again be my photo assistant – he is a good man to endure this beating alongside me). Alright. Take four. I'm (almost) ready.







10 comments:
This made me laugh so hard beacuse it is all so familiar, except I have a third also throwing a wrench in the works. Oh well, I am sure you will get a beautiful shot. Can't wait to see it!
AC, I laughed out LOUD! Look at those faces, so pitiful. Bless their hearts. They are too cute, even in tears or an upside down smile ;)
Oh, my little angels!!! Such pitiful little faces! Alex's in the second one while Roo is having a meltdown just kills me. Oh, mercy. I'll be hoping for a successful Take Four!! ;) Sending lots of love... xoxoxo
I'm shaking with laughter!! May I suggest what we did when our boys were about the ages of yours? I will anyway. We used "and the children were nestled all snug in their beds" photo shoot. It turned out great.
Good luck!
Best,
Bonnie
Oh my goodness. Those are so stinkin sweet. I think you could put some of those on a card and they would be precious and all the other mammas out there would LOVE it! The one of Roo on the rocker and Alex with his shoulders up mad is awesome. And Alex's face on the 2nd pic, priceless! Can't wait to see what you end up with but I'm sure glad you shared the out takes!
Been reading the blog faithfully and loving it. Just not good about comments these days.
Along with everyone else I am laughing out loud!!! Everyone has had their share of these photos and they are priceless. I love what you captured. And I know that when your card arrives in the mail it will be perfect. I can't wait.
I feel for you ......
Those are so precious!
It is so hard to get ONE to be still much less TWO!
Good Luck!
(love the location and the props)
haahhaha Awwww poor guys!!! and MOM!!!! I am sure you will get the perfect picture although I think Alex's OH MY GOSH face should be on the Christmas card with the caption " WHAT DID YOU SAY????" " SANTA IS COMING TO TOWN!!!!" I just love these little blooper pictures :) I love yall xoxoxox and Good luck for all future pictures!!!
Oh....I so needed this laugh today! Thank you Little Men!! Don't stress your Momma too much!!
Girl...this post was HILARIOUS!!! I was just cracking up at all the tears and expressions! And, I completely GET IT as a fellow photo enthusiast. I was seriously impressed by all your props and backgrounds. But I'm with Dana, I think the outtakes make for great cards, too! Thanks for the laugh, girl. Regardless of not making the Christmas card, these pics are keepers and tell a story all on their own!!
Post a Comment