11.06.2012
Conversations with Alex
I've been collecting these for months and months. So precious – I don't want to forget any of them. This sweet boy just melts my heart.
Alex: "That 'ol car slowed us down. Now we're trapped. We'll never get to the park."
Alex: "I think my legs are not working. I think they're trying to fall apart."
Alex: "I will get some ice cream if I don't give up on my food."
Me: "Alex, let me worry about Roo. You take care of yourself."
Alex: "Mommy, I worry about Roo-bear. You worry about me. That's the right way."
Alex (while giving me a "check-up" with his doctor's kit): "I need to check your yumps (lungs). Take a deep breath."
Alex: "That's my husband daddy in Old Blue (the name of Jerry's car)."
Me: "That was a close one, Alex."
Alex: "Mm-hmm. Indeed it was."
Me: "Alex, I want to tell you something. You are a great big brother. I appreciate what a great brother you are to Roo-bear."
Alex: "Just doin' my job, ma'am."
Alex (to me after scolding him): "I've got a question for you. Ok, here's my question. Don't be a bad guy 'cause...you're a nice guy."
Alex: "Hey, Mommy. Please be mines big helper and get Roo-bear some toys to play with."
Me: "Alex, are you hungry?"
Alex: "Yep. Think so."
Me: "Eat your cheeseburger."
Alex: "Can't! I broke it!"
Me: "Do you want peanut butter with your apples?
Alex: "Peanut butter? No. Peanut butter JIF."
Alex (in reference to the sound the breast pump makes): "Mom! The little machine goes 'beck-em, beck-em, beck-em' to make milk for Roo!"
Me: "Alex, what would you think about going to have hot dogs at the park for dinner?"
Alex: "That would make my heart smile."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That Little Man makes my heart smile every. single. time. I even just think about him... which is a lot.
And, I like that he knows the right peanut butter. ;) He is his Noni's Little Man.
SOOOO glad you wrote these down for us. =) xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment