11.15.2012

Order Christmas Cards. Check.

_MG_4068

After taking more than 1,000 photos of the boys, I got one – count it, one – photo of them both smiling. I got this one in round three, but the thing is, I don't like the brick background. So I couldn't bring myself to use this picture in our card.

I also couldn't bring myself to do a fourth photoshoot. As I looked at my to-do list, the determination faded.

Instead, I did a little searching and found a card layout that will work with two individual pics of the boys I got during rounds one and two that I'm crazy about. I'm weird about sharing my Christmas card photos before the actual cards are sent out. I like it to be a surprise, so I'm not going to post them now. But if I can remember, I'll try to do it in a couple of weeks.

For anyone who still needs to order cards, cardstore.com has a CRAZY GOOD DEAL going on through Thursday 11/15. You can get 70% off your cards with FREE SHIPPING. Plus they'll print your return address on the envelope and the recipients' addresses, too, if you want.

Better still, you can get 70% off your cards, and they'll mail them to everyone on your address list FOR FREE. I bought 144 cards for $75 and that price included the postage for the cards. Are you reading this, people? They mail your cards FOR FREE! And you can pick the date you want them delivered by.

Now, I've never used Card Store before, and the control freak in me is a little nervous about having the cards shipped right to the recipient without me getting to see it, but I couldn't pass up that good of a deal. So we'll see. I placed two orders – one batch to be shipped directly to those on my list and a small batch to be shipped directly to me as a few extras to have on hand. Here's hoping that the card looks good once it's printed. If not, well, live and learn. I'm just glad to have this little chore checked off the to-do list. =)

Oh, and one word of advice. If you're going to have them print the addresses onto the envelope from your address list, create an account on their site BEFORE you start entering your list into the address book. Otherwise you could lose all that you've typed. I may or may not be speaking from experience on this. After entering 122 names and addresses. >:-/

2 comments:

Tanna said...

LOL! I love that last bit of advice... experience is a wicked teacher sometimes. ;) CAN'T wait to see the cards!! More than that I CAN'T WAIT to see y'all!!! xoxoxoxo =D

Lauri said...

That sounds like an awesome deal! And YAY for the amazing photo of the boys. I can only imagine what the individual shots look like if you chose them over this one. Can't wait to see the outcome!!