Do you see these precious curls?
I love them. LOVE them.
For months now, Jerry has been saying to me, "Roo's hair is getting long. He needs a cut." I never had any reply because I loved the curls and wasn't ready to say goodbye. Well, my non-responsiveness led Jerry to take matters into his own hands.
One Sunday night a couple of weeks ago, I came home from taking Alex to
AWANA and saw that Jerry had taken the clippers to Roo's hair. THE
CLIPPERS!! The curls - gone!! I rushed over to pick Roo up and burst
into tears. That is not an exaggeration. Did I mention how much I loved those curls?! Poor Jerry - he felt AWFUL when he saw how sad I was.
The thing is, Jerry only clipped the sides and back. He left the top
long – Roo was getting restless during his haircut. Jerry didn't mind it
too much, but it made me sad to look at it. All I could see was the
curls that were no longer there.
So one night my friend Allyson recommended trimming the top up so that it blended a little better. To be honest, I hadn't even considered it because I just kept hoping that the other curls would grow back and join it to blend in that way. Denial. She offered to do the trim job, and I took her up on it. I'm so grateful she made the suggestion because once it was all blended better, I didn't miss the curls quite so much.
My sweet little Roo is looking very grown up these days. Sweet, handsome fella. Don't grow up too fast, Roo-bear!





1 comment:
Noni misses the curls, too... but, more because he is growing so fast... and we miss so much. Amanda, those last two photos are e.x.c.e.l.l.e.n.t!! You will have to share your recipe. ;) LOVE you all to the moon and back. xoxox
Post a Comment