10.07.2012

Small fish in a small pond

We went to Texas recently to celebrate the birth of my brother and sister-in-law's baby (more on that soon). While we were there, Alex participated in The Cherokee Club children's fishing tournament.
_MG_1738
The tournament was well done. They had cane poles set out every few feet for the kids, and there were volunteers on hand to help bait the hooks with the meal worms they provided. The volunteers also took the fish off the hooks and threw them back in the water for the kids. It was turn-key.
_MG_1732
Alex caught three very small fish and then was ready to call it quits.
_MG_1752
Roo was busy searching for rocks and throwing them into the water. That's what Alex really wanted to be doing, too.
_MG_1742
 Alex did manage to bring home a little trophy. Him and about 20 other little fishermen and women. ;-)
_MG_1765


_MG_1769


_MG_1771


_MG_1775


_MG_1776
While the trophy was ok, what Alex really wanted was the doughnut.
IMG_1781
He and Roo stuffed their faces.
_MG_1754
In addition to the doughnut, Roo was eyeing Ganny's drink. =)
We'll have to see if Alex warms up to fishing a little more, but something tells me that this probably will not be his sport. ;-)

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Now THAT is a cool event for kids! What fun! And I had no idea that you were in TX for a visit until you texted about Canton. I'm dying to hear about the treasures you found!!

Is it just me, or are our blogs getting harder and harder to keep up with?? I'm struggling!

Oh, and I am in a bad place with my photography these days. I haven't even pulled out my Nikon in 2 weeks because I'm so disappointed in my pics. I know you understand. So frustrating!!

Miss you girl!!

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

Whoop Whoop GO ALEX!!!! Way to go on 3 fish I think you would out fish me :) Big hugs and loves!!!

Hilde Kraiss said...

What a fun thing for the kids to do! I LOVE Alex's expressions with his trophy, and I can't blame him for being more excited about the doughnut. :-)