10.13.2012

Cows and Tractors

Jerry's dad arranged for us to visit a friend of his who has land with cows and a tractor. The boys liked the cows – mostly at a distance. LOL! They also rode the tractor, which surprised me. I thought the noise would scare them off, but they were brave as could be.
IMG_1800
Petting the cows

IMG_1802
Feeding the cows

IMG_1821
Alex riding the tractor

IMG_1830
Roo rode in my lap.

IMG_1834
He did great - just sat there and watched while we rode through the field.

IMG_1838
Alright. Who wants to roam free?

IMG_1846
Poor little guy got bitten by a mosquito right on his eye. That eye was so swollen. =(


3 comments:

Katherine said...

Just read through the last five or six posts you have. You guys had a busy, full visit in Texas, I tell ya. The fun was packed in for those sweet boys! Who, by the way are looking so big to me. They both look so much bigger even from Destin.

I love the crafts you posted. The bible story and the letter matching is too cute. What a great way to tie in a bible story to a letter learning activity. I might have to steal that one!

I am looking forward to seeing your sweet family in December. It's not that far away, not at all! Miss you and love you tons friend!

Lauri said...

I just loved reading all your new posts!! You guys sure know how to pack in some super fun activities when you travel. I'm with Katherine, that letter activity is so great. You inspire me to be better at that stuff (but I never end up doing it, ha!)

And I just love all your pictures. I'm suffering from photo envy. Seriously, the sharpness is coming through. Are you using your Tamron lens, and are you shooting in manual? I've decided that I have 2 basic issues with my pictures. (1) I'm using a portrait lens which is by design a "softer" look and therefore it's just not meant to be sharp, and (2) I don't know how to get the exact settings for sharp photos. It's driving me nuts and makes me so depressed. I only tell you because I know you get it!!

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

All your pictures of these little guys are amazing.... When it finally comes time for Senior slide shows they will have the best... Love Super Roo and Little Red nose Alex :) Uncle Jeff would love the pictures out on the farm too :) Looks like yall are having lots of grand adventures!!! Hugs and loves to all xoxoxo