10.25.2012

Homestead Creamery Farm Day

My absolute favorite fall activity here in Virginia is the annual Homestead Creamery Farm Day. I look forward to it all year long. And I make sure we have no commitments that would be a conflict that first weekend in October because I do not want to miss it. 

They have so many wonderful activities for the kids at this event, and the weather has always been picture-perfect for fall. You can milk a cow, make your own butter, go on a hay ride, pet the animals at the petting zoo, play corn hole, enjoy great food (including the BEST. DONUT. EVER!), ride the trackless train pulled by the tractor, watch a blacksmith, taste-test chocolate and strawberry milk (not to mention egg nog and fresh lemonade) that the creamery sells, and watch apple-butter being churned right there on the spot. Every year I leave thinking, "Yep. It is just as good as I remembered it being last year!" =)
IMG_2352

_MG_2336

_MG_2318

_MG_2305


_MG_2296


_MG_2288


_MG_2282


_MG_2289


_MG_2295

IMG_2259

IMG_2231

_MG_2221


_MG_2150


_MG_2149


_MG_2145


_MG_2142



5 comments:

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

Little festivals like that are my favorite :) Looks like so much fun for all!!! Hope you ate a bite of that donut for me too!!! It looks WAY TASTEY!!!! Hugs and loves!!!! xoxoxo

Tanna said...

love. love. love these photos!!! One of these Octobers I'm going to bve there for this!! ;) xoxo ~ t.

Tanna said...

just had to come back and "look" again... their expressions are just priceless. Missing my boys. xoxoxo

Lauri said...

Now that looks like my kind of fun, too! What a great way to spend a day with your sweet family! Little Roo looks like such a big boy in his cowboy gear -- SO precious! I keep doing double-takes because he looks so much like Alex to me!! And I'd sure love to try that best donut ever, ha!

Miss you girl!

Hilde Kraiss said...

Looks like it was a very fun day. Andrew could not be ANY CUTER in his outfit!!! I love it!