A couple of weeks ago we hired a photographer to come to the house to take some pictures of our family. It was a disaster. Admittedly, that may be premature to say seeing as how I haven't seen any of the proofs yet, but let me just say that Alex was having nothing to do with it. NOTHING! He wouldn't even stay in the shot let alone look at the camera. If the photographer got a good family shot, I will be amazed.
Not wanting to waste any time in trying to get a family photo, last weekend I coerced Jerry into helping me get the boys dressed for another attempt, although this time, it was just my camera and the tripod. A far cry from the professional photos I was (am still) hoping for, but I was determined to get a family photo doggone-it!
And after more than 300 pictures taken with the timer (fun times - can't you just see it now?), I managed to get two - that's right, just TWO - family pictures that I liked pretty well. Alex still didn't want any part of the photoshoot, but at least I lucked out and caught a couple of sweet expressions even though he wasn't looking at the camera.
So there you have it - our family photo. Probably a photo that will have to last us for quite some time because I don't know that I have the energy to attempt another shoot for a while, and I've almost determined it's not worth the money to pay a good photographer considering Alex's disdain for having his picture made with us. Who knows, maybe I'll be eating my words on that last statement once I see the photographer's proofs. That would be really nice.


5 comments:
Love 'em!! You did a great job!! I'll be needing to copy those. ;) XOXOXOX
Those pictures are great! I have been in your shoes recently as well and it's no fun. We took pictures for the church directory 6 days before Connor was born (yes, they wouldn't let us wait.) Girls were great. But we wanted a picture with Connor so we scheduled another shoot. Allie was a disaster. We promised everything including practically a dinner made all of chocolate and she wasn't biting. We ended up with one photo decent enough for the directory but Kevin and I were exasperated. I can't even imagine managing 300 attempts with a timer. You two should be sainted! But it was worth the work as the results, though less that what you wanted, are wonderful!!!! And the memories from the day will always make the pictures better too. :)
300??? Wow, girl, that is some serious picture taking! Jerry is such a great sport because Jeff would've been out the door after the first 5 or so. But I completely relate to wanting those perfect family photos. It's hard to believe these are self-timer pics - they are awesome! I just love the one of Alex kissing you, and his expression looking at Andrew is the sweetest! And can I just say, you are looking SO great!
I think these photos are incredible and worth the effort. You are a determined lady, there is no doubt about that. I like the candidness of Alex in the shots, he's only two for goodness sake, he should be candid. The fact that you got to 300 shots without bloodshed is a testament to what a great kid he is.
Well the 2 photos you are saving are excellent.......
The days of looking at the camera are gone for Lila too....I just chase her around snapping shots/ha
Post a Comment