This is Alex's "affirmative negative" face. When Alex wants to let you know that something is not true, he'll make this face and then verbalize a fact in the affirmative while simultaneously shaking his head "no." For example, if Andrew is crying, Alex will furrow his brow and say, "Happy," but shake his head back and forth to tell you that Andrew's upset. I get such a kick out of this expression.
.......................................................................................................
We see our fair share of this face these days. A couple of days ago, Alex started coming up to Andrew while he's crying and saying in a soft, calming voice, "Ah-yoo, Ah-yoo, Ah-yoo." My heart just melted when I realized that Alex was doing his best to console Andrew the way I do - by repeating his name softly to him. Such a sweet big brother.
.......................................................................................................
Alex has been spending some of his days checking out Andrew's toys. He wants to make sure he's not missing out on any of the fun.
.......................................................................................................
Alex has gotten to the age where he really likes playing with his friends. He asks often for "fends" (friends) and "pool" or "pahk" (park). Sweet boy. I love that he's got such great friends to play with.






4 comments:
Thank you so very much for finding time to share with us. I loved every single photo (and of course, will come back to them repeatedly). I especilly love the part about Little Man comforting Ah-yoo. He is such a fine little angel. And, oh, those affirmative negatives. I LOVED those while I was there, too. I miss you guys so much. Ah-yoo is growing like a weed! We are off to Dallas to visit Pop Pop's folks. Hope y'all have a great weekend. Love you all to the moon and back... bigger than the sky. Mom/Noni
Looks like Alex is taking his role of big brother very seriously and doing it quite well! What a sweet big brother he is. You will have many, many more moments when Alex's actions will melt your heart, as comforting Andrew did. And he wouldn't be a big brother without checking out Andrew's toys by making sure they are comfortable and safe for his brother to use! :) You are one blessed momma- what sweet angels God has granted you! Love you my friend!
Katherine
Precious pictures....I love the one looking at the jungle gym....Alex is thinking...what cha looking at Ah-yoo...so cute!
That is so so funny! The "affirmative negative" seems to be a bit of sarcasm, no? I sure wish I could witness that in person! And I just cracked up at Alex trying out all of Andrew's things. I've said before I wish they made boppies and baby swings for grown-ups, I would climb in all the time, ha!
And I need to hear more about Andrew's picture with his heartbreaking cry. You say you are seeing more of that face...He isn't coming out of his "easy baby" phase is he?? I refuse to believe it, ha!
Miss you!
Post a Comment