Without further ado, here's how this room has transitioned since we bought the house in 2008.
Standing in the doorway and looking to the left of the room...
WHEN WE MOVED IN
AFTER WE PAINTED
STARTING THE WOODWORK
AFTER WOODWORK IS COMPLETE
Looking at the front wall. These two windows are in the front of the house.
WHEN WE MOVED IN
AFTER WE PAINTED
AFTER THE WOODWORK IS COMPLETE
The back walls of the room...
AFTER WOODWORK IS COMPLETE
| (looking at door and right side of room) |
| (back wall and left of the room) |
We'll add latches on the cabinet doors that will look like this. I'm teetering between nickel and oil rubbed bronze.
On the wall where the twin headboards will be, I wrote this scripture - a blessing for those who sleep here.
So there you have it.
Blah...
To voila...
And blah...
To voila...
More to come in the weeks ahead as we get the finishing touches in place.



7 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Oh my it sure is beautiful!!!!! Once you have it all put together I just know it's going to be a special room for the boys. LOVE the built ins! Absolutely perfect. I'm just concerned that you guys are going to love it so much you aren't ever going to want to move back to TX!!!
Is the scripture under the woodwork? I've seen people write scriptures on the walls when building a house. What a great idea.
BTW- we have all of our bedding and ordered our beds for the boys.
Dana-all the woodwork in the world will never remove my deep longing to be back home. Jerry just knows that he'll have to start all over again in the next house! That was our very conversation last night. :-)
PS- yes, the scripture is written on the wall under the woodwork.
This room looks amazing. I am totally inspired to get our new nursery underway now. Gorgeous!
Great job, Jerry!!! And, great design job, Amanda!! It is wonderful and I love the scripture. I had forgotten until the other day when you posted the blessing for the boys that it has been at the very bottom of my blog all along. =) A family prayer...
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the e-mail today. It was just what I needed.
I am excited that I will be getting to see it (and even more, my sweeties) in person! Love you so big!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXXO
Just amazing!! What do we need to do to hire Jerry to come out here? A trip to Disneyland for everyone? :)
VOILA Indeed!! Wow, Amanda! You and Jerry are just so great at what you take on. I swear, you both should just quit your day jobs and go into the home vision/design biz! And the title of your new company? Blah 2 Voila, LOVE IT! haha!
Seriously, the room looks incredible. Those shelves and all the woodwork are nothing short of remarkable and of the utmost quality. You couldn't have paid to have them turn out any better! I'm so excited for you because I know it must be so rewarding to see your vision turn to reality. I can only imagine how awesome it will look once it's all put together with the bedding and other touches you'll have. So fun!! GREAT JOB!!!
PS - I was very happy to see your comment about coming home to TX. I miss you girl! :-)
Post a Comment