Thank you, neighbor lady, who told me no less than three times today how "huge" I look. The conversation went something like this.
Her: "Wow, you are so big! How many weeks are you?"
Me: "30 weeks. 10 weeks to go."
Her (still shocked): "Wow! You are huge! Are you having twins?"
Me (now feeling really good about myself): "No, just one."
Her: "Are you sure? Your belly is so big. You're so tiny, but you're huge."
Thank goodness Alex interrupted her at this point to talk about her "woof-woofs."
Really? REALLY? Where is your filter? Don't you know that those aren't kind words to say to a swollen, waddling pregnant woman? Truth be told, those aren't kind words to say to anyone.
10 comments:
Those are the moments when you wished people realized that they were putting their foot in their mouths ( or at least wish that you could assist them with a filter) I hate to hear that she has said that... I like you're a BEAUTIFUL GORGEOUS AMAZING pregnant lady :) carrying the next handsome man...
Love you xoxoxoxoxoxoxox pass along some hellos and loves for me too :)
I can not believe people! I'm sure you look beautiful. That sounds like the woman in line behind me at the grocery store that told the clerk to hurry up and finish ringing me up because I looked like I was about to have the baby any minute. I still had 6 weeks to go, but thanks! Don't worry about that silly woman and know you look wonderful!
You are most beautiful. Period. Love you dearly! XOXOXOXOXOXO
I have a hard time believing you are huge!!!
Whatever your size I know you look wonderful!!!!
i ,too,have a hard time believing you are anywhere close to huge. on the last pic i saw of you, you looked great. you looked so radiant and pretty. anytime those ugly words rise up in your mind. just say i will not receive that in the name of JESUS, God didn't give it to me and i will not receive that. looking prettier & prettier everyday. love ganny and grandpa correa
Ugh, I am with you. When people ask me how far along I am and I tell them only 18 weeks, their eyes bug out like I must be crazy. Even if it is twins, I still feel like saying something highly inappropriate in response. So far I have been good but some poor stranger is going to get it after a few more months of this.
You look amazing, and remember that getting bigger and bigger means the little guy is healthy and comfortable, and that's what really counts. :)
Wow, I don't even know what to say to this. Except, how rude is she??? Seriously, who says that? Definitely not words you want to hear this far along in your pregnancy!
I think you look amazing and you definitely have that pregnancy glow! I wish we lived closer so I could see you pregnant in person instead of through blog pictures! :(
Very strange indeed how some people just don't THINK before they speak! (OK, I admit I've been known to do that a time or two myself.)
I think all women must show so differently. I've always wondered if it relates to torso length? I used to get the opposite comments when I was pregnant. People would say "How could you be 30 weeks?? You're so tiny!" And then I would freak out and get paranoid all over again that something was wrong with my baby (as if I wasn't worried enough already).
Make no mistake -- you look beautiful! I just wish I could see and tell you in person. Miss you tons, girl!
I think you look great too, swollen and waddling and all! I just cannot imagine saying that to someone. Like you said, some people just do not have a filter.
Why? Why do people like that even talk to pregnant ladies? I had a few say that to me too and it always got on my nerves too. I wanted to say look people I am only 5 foot 2 inches, there is nowhere else to go but out! And with Wyatt he was so far out I still had a waist from the front till the end...what more do these people want? I am sure you look absolutely adorable! Been thinking about you alot! Miss yall and pray you are feeling well and lil baby is growing strong!
Post a Comment