4.16.2011

Choo-Choo!

For the last few months, Alex has really taken to the train tables. Some of our friends in town have one in their play room, and that's the first thing he runs for. Same is true at the library, Barnes & Noble, and Toys R Us. He could stand there for hours and play.
Jerry and I thought that a train table and wooden track pieces would be a great gift for Alex's birthday this summer. So I've been on the lookout for train tables to see what I could find, and I happened upon one at a local consignment shop. I sent Jerry a text with a photo, and we decided to snatch it up before it disappeared. 
I also found some wooden Thomas sets on sale at Toys R Us and decided to get those, too. We had everything put away in the basement just waiting until summer.
And then I caved. I just couldn't help myself! He loves those stinkin' trains so much that I couldn't wait another three months for his birthday. This morning, Jerry set everything up for him, and he's been playing with those trains all. day. long. We've had so much fun watching him run his "choo-choo" up and down the tracks.
When it comes to his birthday gifts, I think I may be better off waiting until a little closer to the actual day before I buy something again. Because apparently, I'm not so good at waiting.

5 comments:

Dana said...

Oh how fun! I TOTALLY understand how you can get so excited and cave and give them a present early. It is so much fun to see their little face light up when they have some new treasure to play with. Jackson got several train sets for Christmas and loves to play with them. Alex will really enjoy his new trains.

Tanna said...

LOL!! he's too precious to resist! he was just celebrating his uncle's birthday! xoxoxoxoxo

nanny said...

But think of all the fun he will have in the next few months....No need to save it!!!
My grandson, Jackson(now 11) loved Thomas so much, he would run through the house yelling...Woo...Woo. So cute. He had a case he kept the cars in and was so particular about which spot each car went in. My how time flies....let LM play and enjoy!

Katherine said...

Why is it that all boys LOVE trains! I love it! He looks so intense enjoying his new toy! Oh and I love how you just couldn't wait until his birthday. Before long, your play room will look like ours! Love it! :-)

I LOVE how Alex's big boy room turned out! It looks just beautiful with all that wood work. I don't know many kids that start out with such a well put together room at such a young age! Kuddos to you and your vision and Jerry and his handy hands!

Missing you!!

Lauri said...

Alex is soooooo lucky to have such an awesome train table and set for his birthday!! That is a gift that will keep on giving for both Alex and his little brother...they will enjoy it for years to come!

I find myself doing the same thing -- driving to Barnes and Noble just to let the kids play with the trains. I'm here to tell you, trains are NOT just for boys because Miss K loves them just as much! Gotta love those choo-choos!