One thing I love about Christmas is a live tree to smell up the house. And I do love getting those trees at the tree farm. Usually. But this year, I was more about the convenience, so we got our tree from Lowe's. Not quite the tradition I hope we establish moving forward, but it was quick and we had a gift card there, so Lowe's it was.
Here's Alex scouring the aisles in search of the perfect tree.
Did we find one? Looks like a winner to me.
Before we decorated the tree, we put Alex to work doing a little house cleaning. Looks like our prayers for him to be a hard worker are starting to pay off.
We also used him as a human mop - his latest and favorite pastime with Daddy.
To help us really get into the holiday spirit, the weather brought us a few snow flurries today.
Shouldn't last, but it sure was pretty to look out the windows while we were decorating the tree. Yea for snow says Alex!
Settling in tonight with a movie and a little hot cocoa. Good night, all.

5 comments:
You know I'm stealin' a photo of him in his stocking cap! LOL! I love that he is swifting away. Good Man! Noni has known he is a hard worker all along. I think the snow flurry gave the a perfect holiday ambiance! Looking forward to seeing the finished product of the Christmas tree hunt! XOXOXOXO
Oh how I love the view of your front porch! It just looks so inviting. Sure do wish I could walk up there and knock on it and be invited in!!! Your tree looks like it's going to be pretty. Hope you will post a picture of it all decorated. LOVE Alex's hat.
Guess what - I not only survived my weekend but I rather enjoyed it! I had a great time with my boys and by some stroke of luck (or answered prayers) Ryan slept much better than usual. Can you believe that? :-) And both nights both boys were in bed by 8:30 so I had an hour and a half or so to relax ALONE. Wow - it's been a long time since I've done that.
I saw your comment about the Jesse tree. SO fun. Get the book early and find out who wants to participate. Assign each person an ornament or two or three (depending on how many people want to participate) and they bring as many copies of that ornament as people participating. The book tells you what ornaments you need. Some are hard (like the fiery furnace) but if you google it there are lots of sites out there to give you ideas for the ornaments. That's how I figured out how to make my ladder. I bought my lambs as hobby lobby. Then we all got together and exchanged oranments and had desserts. SO fun to see the creativity. We were assigned our ornaments in September/early Oct (can't remember) and met in early November to exchange.
OK, how adorable is that stocking cap?!!! Too precious! I love that he'll wear such cuteness and not yank it off. I just love your outdoor decorations with a little snow to top it off. Perfect! It sure looks cold there. Are you surviving? I can't wait to hear what you've been up to and how you're feeling these days. Miss you tons!!!
It's Christmas time in the Correa household! Love all the decorations and love that you can see the tree through the window. Can't wait to see a close up and can't wait to hear how LM handles all those decorations that are within reach! :)
His Noni-made cap is oh so cute! Precious little elf he is!
Your house with the snow is a perfect Christmas Picture......so pretty!
Post a Comment