10.10.2009

Things I Love


I love everything about my sweet little man.

Like the funny faces he makes when he's drifting in and out of sleep. The eyes that roll back as if he's exasperated by something. The mouth that shifts from serious to smile and back to serious so quickly. And the smile that sometimes leads to a light chuckle - even though he doesn't really know how to chuckle just yet. It's like he's got his own private little joke going on.

I hope I never forget the way he stretches when we get him out of his swaddle sacks. His little arms reaching over his head. With fists that are clenched and shake back and forth when he's stretched as far as he can go. That sweet little arch in his back. And his legs that curl up underneath himself until he's ready to stiffen them out straight and strong.

It makes my heart smile when we're driving down the road - just him and me - and I look back in the rearview mirror to see him content as can be just looking out the window and staring in wander at the things he sees outside. Just taking it all in and enjoying life.

And the way he puts his sweet little head on my shoulder when he's tired. With his head facing out, he lets me steal kiss after kiss from the back of his neck. It is priceless. And no matter how many kisses I steal, they still aren't enough.

4 comments:

Dana said...

I remember in the very beginning thinking how much I loved all of the sweet things Jackson did and how I never wanted to forget them. It makes me sad to think that I've forgotten some of them. But the beautiful thing is that every day there are fun new things that he does.

I started a little journal for Jackson when he was a few months old. I write in it every once in a while and just tell him what's on my heart. Usually I just tell him how much I love him. One day when he's older I'll give it to him and hopefully it will give him a glimpse of the love I've had for him over the years.

Lauri said...

I love all the things you love! So precious, all those wonderful moments with your son. Dana's idea is a great one - I did my journal in a Word document because it was so much easier than writing by hand. There are so many of these thoughts and moments that would otherwise be forgotten.

Katherine said...

Sweet, sweet post! I love your apprecitation of all the "little things" your little one does! Cherish these sweet baby moments like you are, as they don't last forever and they are so easy to forget!

Tanna said...

It is good to appreciate the rare and beautiful treasures you are blessed with every day. Precious moments... enjoy every one.