10.12.2009

Back to Work

Last week I returned to work from maternity leave. Jerry was nice enough to take a few days off to travel back to Texas with me so that I could work from the office in Dallas. Normally I don't need Jerry to travel with me, but seeing as how this was Alex's first plane ride, I wasn't ready to go solo with him.

Knowing that Alex was with my mom and Jerry during the day helped me ease back into the swing of things with greater peace of mind. I had no worries during the day.

But this week is harder. Alex has begun going to Miss Mary Anne's full time since I'm back in Roanoke. Miss Mary Anne is the lady who watches him in her home. I was so excited to come home tonight and see my Little Man. And as if seeing him weren't enough of a treat, my neighbor (who has a one-year old son and has faced returning to work herself) knocked on my door just minutes after I got home to bring me this...



A box of delicious mini cupcakes from Bubblecakes (our local little cupcake shop). How thoughtful is that?! Thank you, Katy. Your thoughtfulness just made my day.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

I got to taste the greatness of Bubblecakes so I know that must have made your day! What a thoughtful neighbor you have! I was thinking about you today. I know it must not have been easy but I know you have comfort knowing he is in good hands while you are at work. And it just makes your time with him even more special!

Lauri said...

What a WONDERFUL neighbor, not only for the cupcakes but also to understand and commiserate with you about returning to work. Like Katherine I've been thinking so much about you and hoping the transition is going smoothly. It will take a while to get a good routine going if you're anything like I was. I sure hope we can talk and catch up soon!

Tanna said...

Bubblecakes is a perfect comfort food! Katy is very sweet to have been so thoughtful. Love my e-mailed picture of my Little Man!! Miss ya'll so much.

Dana said...

I was thinking of you yesterday! Those cupcakes look SOOOOOO good! The perfect indulgence for your first day back at work. I will keep you guys in my prayers this week. Lauri is right - it just takes a few weeks to get a routine and then it gets much easier!