So I called Liz a few weeks ago to book a session. And for weeks I've been fretting: I hope Alex doesn't have a bad case of baby acne that day. I hope Alex will be happy enough to let us put a couple of different outfits on him. I hope Alex doesn't spit up all over the outfits we put him in. I hope he doesn't have the little dry skin crusties he tends to get on his eyelids and eyebrows. Most importantly, I hope he's happy that day.
Now, I know that it does no good to worry. It doesn't get you anywhere, and you can't do anything about it. But a good photographer costs good money. And I wanted my money's worth.
Alex didn't care about the money. He didn't care how much I wanted the photos. All he cared about was fussing, fussing, fussing and getting a nap. He wanted no part of any of the photo session that day. Sigh.
Jerry and I worked so hard to entertain Little Man that day. Well, mostly Jerry. And because of his hard work, Liz has assured me that she got a few shots. I haven't seen everything, but I did get this little sneak peek she sent us.


Looks like an angel here, doesn't he? You'd never know that he'd been crying most of the time. Little stinker!
7 comments:
Look at that angel baby! Can't get over how much hair he has now! So sorry the session didn't go as planned but these 2 pics are great. As you now know, nothing with kids goes as planned! Quite an adjustment for our "planned" personalities! :)
No truer words were ever spoken than that "nothing with kids goes as planned." He is just beautiful in those shots... I think he just need a nap in the Noni bed. =)
Okay, my word verification just now was "inocri"... lol... I no cry???? What can I say, I am easily amused... lol.
the pictures are pecious and yes all he needed was Noni to rock him for a few minutes.......
those are precious photos. lila did the same thing for her newborn pictures. i thought, no problem, all she's for the first 7 days of her life is sleep anyway. not that day! really, those pictures are precious. thanks for the tip on the miracle blanket.
Oh, they are beautiful! I can't wait to see your final selections. And believe me, the photo sessions don't get easier as they get older. I have to bribe Connor with suckers and Collin/Kevin with cash to get them to give me genuine smiles!
Those turned out so well!!! I remember Jackson's newborn photo shoot was SO stressful. Talented photographers always seem to get great pictures no matter the mood of the baby. Can't wait to see more!!!
Post a Comment