5.31.2009

Blackberry Farm

For almost two years now, I have dreamed of escaping everyday reality and running off to Blackberry Farm - a quaint hotel property nestled in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. Well this weekend my dreams came true.

Jerry and I met Mom and Evan and Tony and Barbara (some long-time family friends of ours) for an extraordinary getaway.


This place was like heaven. Here is the view from our room. On Friday morning we woke up to see the fog gently hovering in the mountains.


The food was incredible. We had three gourmet meals a day, and each night we would go eat dinner at The Barn (red building on the right). Next to The Barn is The Farmhouse - one of the guest quarters on the property.


Here's a shot of some of the decor inside The Barn. I love these linen slipcovers on the wingback chairs! And look at that fantastic old door set behind the chairs. They mounted a lighting sconce in the center. Love it!


The property is about 4200 acres and is filled with animals, gardens, hiking trails, treasured places to escape for picnics, and beautiful landscaping everywhere you look.







Here are a few pics of our crew.




Oh, and one other little highlight of our trip... Carrie Underwood was staying at Blackberry Farm, too, and we got to see her at dinner Saturday night and at breakfast Sunday morning. =)

6 comments:

Katherine said...

What a fun weekend! I'm glad you were able to make your dream come true. You got some great shots and it looks so beautiful there. I love the rocking chair picture. Looks like the weather was nice too! BTW- you look so cute and baby boy Correa looks like he is getting big! I'll give you a call soon!

Anonymous said...

I've got to know..was Carrie with anyone?!

Lauri said...

I've never heard of that place but it's gorgeous! I'm so glad you were able to make it such a nice escape from your hectic life right now. And you look AWESOME!!!

Jenna said...

carrie underwood!? was she all alone? :( isn't that the kinda place for couples to go or something haha. I have only heard about it from a few people.

Tanna said...

Hmmmm... seems you have piqued some curiosity. LOL. Can't wait to see you this afternoon! Love, love, love you dear child!

Dana said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you were able to enjoy a get away before baby Correa makes his appearance!