6.13.2009

Prayers for Baby Girl


Tomorrow is a very special day. Tomorrow, my very dear friend Lauri will go to the hospital to be induced. And tomorrow, I will become Aunt Amanda once again – to one very precious Baby Girl Courtright!

If you're reading this blog posting, I'm asking for special prayers for Lauri and baby Kaitlynn. For several months now Lauri's doctor has been monitoring Kaitlynn's progress and growth, and she's found some potential markers for Down's Syndrome, but they won't know for sure until she's born. Lauri's strength, her faith, and her unwavering hope have been inspiring to me. =)

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the precious gift of sweet little Kaitlynn. I can only imagine what joy she is going to bring to You and to all of us - especially Jeff, Lauri, Collin, Kevin, and Connor. I ask that you surround their family tomorrow with your love. Please keep Lauri and Kaitlynn safe during delivery. Please help Lauri feel your presence and let her know that you are there with her every step of the way. Not just tomorrow, but in all of the days ahead. I know that you intend for all of your children to have great meaning and purpose in life, and we are excited about all that you have in store for this sweet new bundle of joy.

In Jesus' name.
Amen

2 comments:

Dana said...

What a great picture of you and Lauri.

We are lifting up Lauri and Kaitlynn today and will especially do so tomorrow morning. What a blessing and honor it is to bring our burdens and concerns to God in prayer!

Love you, sweet Lauri!

Tanna said...

Amen. And, Amen.