I admit it. I am a sucker for patriotic holidays. There's something special to me about celebrating Memorial Day and Fourth of July and giving thanks for this great country that we live in and the people who sacrifice so much so that we can have our freedoms.
This weekend, our friends Greg and Lauren came to visit us, and we decided to take a trip to visit the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford, Virginia. This memorial is only about half an hour from our house, and it is FANTASTIC. It was like a hidden gem. Here are a few pics we thought you might enjoy.
3 comments:
Your mom is a sucker for patriotic holidays, too... and, so proud that you are too. A special salute to all our vetrans and to all currently serving in our military. May God bless and keep them.
Sounds like you guys had a fun Memorial day weekend. I always think of you and Jerry on this weekend and missing the days when we used to spend this weekend together. You look adorable-- I miss you!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE patriotic holidays. I was just telling Laine that we need to do something "patriotic" with Jackson as he gets older. We did go have a barbecue at the pool so that's almost patriotic in America. Ha!
Post a Comment