5.19.2009

Three Days and Counting

If you're wondering about the progress being made on the house, you don't have much longer to wait before I begin posting the big reveals of each room's changes. In three days - count them, THREE DAYS!! - we will be finished with the major construction in our house! WOOHOO!! Jerry, Baby Correa, and I weren't sure this day was going to come, but all three of us are so excited to have our house start to become a home.

We moved into our house in November 2008, and we've been working on it since the day we moved in. We started by painting the living room, entry area, and guest bedroom while my mom was here.



And then we moved on to remodeling the first of three bathrooms.


And then there was the sheet rock work that took three months to complete. We had the dining room, office, kitchen, stairwell, hallway, and nursery walls and ceilings sheet rocked and painted. What a mess! I thought it was never going to end. This was by far the most painful part of updating our Mirabelle.




And then we began the biggest, most exciting project - the master bed and bath. Big mess. And big change! You won't even recognize this room when I reveal the final result in a few days.



And finally, there's the last bathroom. This is the room that Jerry and my dad spent a week working on new electrical, re-plumbing, new tub framing, and hanging hardibacker board.


This bathroom has come a long way. In fact, would you like a little sneak peek? Ok, ok. But first, a look back at where it started from.


And here's a little peek at the work in progress...


Whew! I'm tired just thinking about all of the work we've done. But we're on the home stretch now! Check back this weekend as I begin the reveal of the rooms in all their changed splendor! Well, maybe not in all their splendor because they won't be decorated yet, but you get the point. =)

4 comments:

Dana said...

Can't wait to see the finished product in September!

Melissa Gonzalez said...

CONGRATULATIONS you two! I'm looking so forward to seeing the big reveal picts. You have really done some amazing work. I'm so impressed.

Lauri said...

I can't WAIT to see the final outcome!!! Do you have any plans for a post-remodel celebration? You should, with everything you guys have been through! But I know it'll be SO worth it, especially when Baby arrives!!

Tanna said...

I LOVE the guest bath floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!