3.22.2013
Block construction.
Alex loves going to school on Tuesdays. Well, he loves going to school period, but on Tuesdays, he gets excited because it's "blocks and lunch day." Apparently, he likes when his teacher pulls out the blocks for play time.
The boys got a little Duplo set for Christmas that comes with a pattern for how to construct a giraffe, an elephant, and a toucan. I showed Alex how to place his blocks in the pattern and then look at the picture to put the pieces together in the right order. I was so proud of him – he built the giraffe all by himself! And at one point, he even removed a couple of the "neck" pieces to make it shorter and told me it was a baby giraffe.
Of course, Roo-bear was not to be left out. He was busy constructing animals of his own. And as far as he was concerned, there was no need for a pattern. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh, Amanda--what a lovely memory! Adam and Stefan first had Duplo and they loved them!! I always get nostalgic when I see and read about the antics and interests of Alex and "Roo"!!
Best,
Bonnie
Such smart Little Men!! LOVE those boys!! XOXOXO
Post a Comment