9.10.2012

Virginia Transportation Museum

This summer, the boys completed a summer reading program through our local library. One of the rewards was a free ticket to the Virginia Transportation Museum. Jerry and I took Alex last summer before Roo was born, but we thought he'd like it more now since he's a little older. Both boys had a blast watching the model trains, playing on the playground, and climbing in and out of the big trains. The museum does feature other modes of transportation besides trains, but since we're in the heart of train country up here, that's a lot of what they've got.
  Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


4 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

Love seeing the boys at the museum! Our boys loved visiting when they were young. My grandfather's engine, No. 611, is on display. When I was a child, we'd sometimes know when he'd be at a crossing and go wave to him. A lovely memory.

Best,
Bonnie

Lauri said...

Super cool museum! Looks like an ideal spot to visit for your sweet boys!

Tanna said...

How cool is it that Bonnie's Grandfather's engine is on display there?!
Great photos of the precious Little Men!! I LOVE the one with Roo walking away beside the huge engine... you know I am attracted to the back photos (no idea why!). ;) Give my loves some sugars from Noni. XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

So fun! My boys would have been in heaven! What a fun little place. And I would personally love to go to Williamsburg and Jamestown! What great places to visit.

Dana