9.08.2012

The Little Men's Big Adventures: Williamsburg, Jamestown and Virginia Beach

While Jerry had been working to surprise me with a visit with my mom for the first week he was in Ireland, the boys and I were planning to join my friend Lauren and her girls at her parents' house in Yorktown for the second week he was gone. BIG FUN!

Our big outings were to Colonial Williamsburg (twice), Jamestown and Virginia Beach.

Colonial Williamsburg was every bit as amazing as you'd expect it to be. I must go back! If you've never been, add it to your bucket list. You won't be disappointed! I've heard the Christmas season is a great time to visit because the decorations are all true to the period. I can only imagine. This place is like taking a step back in time.

IMG_0952

IMG_0970
We actually got to see this cannon fired at the Fife and Drum ceremony.
IMG_0936
Alex and Charlotte checking out the horses.
_MG_0946

_MG_0983
That tongue. =) Pointing to the sheep.
_MG_0991
Alex was very interested in seeing the sheep. He and Roo took turns petting them.
IMG_1019
An after-lunch treat. They would run from shade tree to shade tree, resting under each one while sucking their ring pops.
IMG_1023
Blue and green tongues. =)
IMG_1041
An evening in Jamestown where we got to look out over the water and enjoy some Ben and Jerry's.
IMG_1032
Watching a big ship in the distance (that isn't in this photo). The ship looked like the Nina, Pinta, or Santa Maria.
_MG_1261

_MG_1170
The Fife and Drum Corp. They did a small re-enactment which included firing their muskets and the cannons. Alex "held his ears" by putting the monster trucks over them. LOL!
IMG_1185
Local students playing in the corp.
_MG_1139
A morning at the beach.
_MG_1137

_MG_1133

_MG_1127
Part of the shell of a horseshoe crab. They were all over the beach. We had to be careful because their shells and tales were very sharp.
_MG_1117

_MG_1114

_MG_1109

_MG_1100

_MG_1084

_MG_1082

_MG_1053
This beach was so charming. I could have stayed there all day and then some. But lunch and nap time called. Ah, such is the life with little ones. ;-)

3 comments:

Tanna said...

Ooooh, I want to hold those two!! Great photos of great fun! Glad you guys enjoyed such a grand adventure! xoxoxo

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

What a great adventure :) Looks like a ton of new memories to add to the books :) Love yall bunches pass along some hugs and loves xoxoxoxo

Lauri said...

What a great trip! I'm so glad you have such wonderful friends to share these fun adventures with!!