9.05.2012

First Day of School

Yesterday Alex started his second year of pre-school. 
_MG_1298
Alex's teacher, Mrs. Everett, sent him a letter a couple of weeks ago telling him how much she was looking forward to having him in her class this year. She also sent him a name tag to wear for the first day.
_MG_1405
When we first walked into the room, I wondered what he was going to think because there were NO CARS to play with. None! Let me tell you, if you ask Alex what his favorite part of school was on any given day last year, the answer was, "Racing cars." Ask him his favorite part of Sunday school at church, "Racing cars." The favorite part of his day at home with me? "Racing cars." Racing cars is a BIG DEAL to this little guy. So when we walked in, and there were no cars to be found, I wondered how he would react. Fortunately, there were no meltdowns. He walked right over to the dinosaurs and started playing. Whew. Crisis averted. Although when we got in the car, he did tell me that when we go back to school next time, Mrs. Everett was going to pull the box of cars out for him. He must have put in his request! LOL!
_MG_1412
When Alex got his letter from his teacher, I told him that I had been praying for him to have a great teacher this year – a teacher who would love him and encourage him and teach him wonderful things about Jesus. And how I just knew that God had answered my prayers when he got Mrs. Everett. She is so kind and sweet with him. When we left yesterday, he hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. Alex is not one to freely hand out affection, so it made me smile that he seems to really like her.
_MG_1416
These are Alex's two friends who are going to school the same two days a week as him. They are in a different class than Alex. I wondered if he was going to be sad not being with them, but he really handled his first day back like a champ and wasn't sad at all. I'm so proud of my little guy and look forward to all the wonderful things this school year will bless him with!
IMG_1421

3 comments:

Tanna said...

Noni is so proud of our Little Man. Such a fine little gentleman. And, I'm glad he will get cars next time. ;) xoxo

Katherine said...

Well hello there! Have missed you in blog-land, my friend!

Alex looks more than ready to be starting back to school. Glad he had such a good first day. He cracks me up with his cars. Sounds like two little Webb boys I know! :-)

I hope you guys are doing well. Are you as ready for Fall as I am??? :-)

Miss you girlie!

Lauri said...

It was so fun reading about Alex's first day! His teacher sounds like such a blessing to all the kids. I am a big believer in praying for our kids' teachers, too! I know he's going to have an awesome year and make lots of friends!!