9.05.2012

A surprise visit with Noni

Recently, Jerry took a two-week business trip to Ireland. I had no idea that he had been plotting and scheming for weeks prior to have Noni come spend a week with us while he was gone.  Imagine my surprise and screaming excitement when I walked through our front door on a Saturday afternoon after having a manicure – that he scheduled for me so that I would be gone when he went to pick her up at the airport – and saw her sitting in the floor playing with Alex! I did a double take because I couldn't believe my eyes! It was the BEST. SURPRISE. EVER!! So grateful to have such a thoughtful, sweet husband!

The boys and I had so much fun running here, there and everywhere with Noni. It was the first visit in a while that didn't involve a holiday or birthday planning, so we just set sail wherever and whenever we wanted to. We most certainly wore ourselves out and had the best time doing it! And I sure was grateful to have the help since we were a man down in this household. ;-)

Here are a few of our adventures...
_MG_0698
After hitting a local yarn shop for Noni's knitting addiction, we shared pizza and a bottle of wine (for the grown-ups, of course) on a beautiful covered patio in downtown Blacksburg,VA.

IMG_0723
One of the Hokie-birds near the Virginia Tech campus.

IMG_0730
We made it our mission to find as many Hokies as possible that day.
We kept busy – there are a TON around this part of Virginia!

_MG_0736
Frozen custard after our lunch in Blacksburg.
His flavor choice? Chocolate. With M&Ms and hot fudge.
Is there anything else?

_MG_0743
Roo-bear attempts his first paint-with-water project while Noni helps.
He got a wee-bit over zealous and tore his art project. LOL!

IMG_2113
Alex found this monster mask at Joann's one day. He's into the monsters for the moment.
Noni and I laughed because this little monster seemed to suit him -
neat and tidy with a similar little hair style. =)

_MG_0748
Painting his mask. The boy only uses one color these days - BLUE!

_MG_0745
All done!

_MG_0751
Mister/Uncle Troy - or, Mr. Cun-Cho as Alex calls him - dropped by for a visit and spent a couple of days with us, too. Mr. Cun-Cho took Alex on his first Jeep ride around the block in our neighborhood, and now Alex is very much looking forward to riding in Pop Pop's Jeep on our next trip to Texas.

_MG_0769
Noni rewards hard work. After Roo reached and reached for the crackers,
Noni couldn't help but give him a few for all of his efforts.

_MG_0803
We visited our favorite creek spot for the first time this summer.
Alex could spend all day here.

_MG_0841
Alex and Mr. Cun-Cho throwing rocks. Life doesn't get much better than this for Alex.

IMG_0870
Roo-bear had a fun time wading the waters, too.

IMG_2121
Getting sleepy and taking some time out for Noni-loves.

IMG_2124
Fast friends.


_MG_0920
Noni was gleefully giving Roo-bear a little treat.
Not sure who took more delight in this – Noni or Roo.

IMG_2110
The boys sporting their Where's Waldo eye-wear. So funny!

IMG_2108
Such sweet boys!

Many thanks to Daddy, Noni, and Mr. Cun-Cho for a week full of wonderful memories! We love you all!





4 comments:

Tanna said...

Not nearly as much as you all are loved. XOXOXOXO

Hilde Kraiss said...

I love it! You all know how to have great fun wherever you go! I think the Reddi Whip picture is my fave.

Lauri said...

I would've loved to see your face when you walked in and saw Noni! Way to go, Jerry...MAJOR brownie points!!

Solar Powered said...

Glad to catch up with you and the boys! How cool that your husband surprised you, the best gift ever if you ask me :)