10.03.2011

Roary and Roo - 4 months

4 months c
I wish you could see these plump cheeks flash the smile that just melts my heart. In person, I mean. Because pictures simply do not do it justice. Little Roo/Roo Bear/Sweet Cheeks/Love Bug (our most common nicknames for this precious angel these days) is such a happy little guy, and if you saw his face light up the room with his smile, all of your problems would just disappear. It's that good, I'm telling you.

We've had a busy month of firsts. (But isn't every month like that for the first year?) =)

First time to roll over. It was from back to tummy, and so far, it's only been over his left shoulder. I hope we'll have a little video of it soon, but for now, here's the "after" picture of the first time it happened.
IMG_6903

First time to sit in the bumbo. Still a bit wobbly, but Roo's getting the hang of it. He's also mastering his stability skills in the exersaucer. We've only put him in it for a few minutes at a time, a couple of times, but he did pretty well. And Alex certainly loves helping Roo play with the gadgets and noise makers. Still need to work on pics of that, too.
_MG_5895
First giggles. Oh. My. Goodness. People! These are even better than the smiles. The giggles are just starting to surface, so I know this will only get better in the weeks ahead.

First trip to the pumpkin patch. More to come on this later.
_MG_7842
And, the first cold. Boo! Both of the Little Men have had stuffy/runny noses. Not fun.

As for sleeping, well, it seems we've regressed. We're back to getting up twice a night. And the naps are inconsistent and short, at best. Oh, how I hope this phase is short-lived. Momma bear is worn out!

On that note, time for some shut-eye. I'll sign off with one last pic. Yea for four months!
_MG_7129

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Oh how I wish I could witness those smiles and giggles in person!! I can certainly understand how it just makes your day...and also makes those long nights worthwhile. Sweet Roo, he's growing up so fast. He's at such a FUN age, truly!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures girl! I really can't believe Andrew is 4 months. It makes me so sad in a way. Not having met him and seeing your little family of four. I'm SO looking forward to seeing you guys at Christmas!

That little grin is so heartwarming. Such a sweet little face! And I still can't get over how much he and Alex look alike. Wow!
Katherine

nanny said...

Love Bug...I love it! He is so adorable! Those smiles are priceless....he looks like a very happy camper! 4 Months! My Goodness!

Tanna said...

Cute as a Love Bug for sure!! He is growing away! Love that he can wear Alex's sweater. I am sure I need a photo of that myself. ;) I had thought he might be bigger than Alex by the time it was cool enough to wear that one. Looking forward to seeing all this for myself in a couple of weeks! XOXOXOXOXOXO