10.23.2011

Nana & Pops come to visit

**Before I begin this post, I want to take a minute to say thank you for all of your encouragement from the last post. It lifted my heart in ways you can't imagine to know that I am not alone. And that I'm not crazy. LOL! It really is such an adjustment to go from feeling like I once "had it all together," to living in a fog. Thank goodness for this blog, so that when the fog lifts, I'll at least be able to read about a few of the memories I will quite possibly have forgotten. =) **

Alright, on with the adventures with Pops and Nana...

One of our adventures was Friday Nights in Floyd. Have I told you about Friday Nights in Floyd? I can't remember. There's a small town about an hour away called Floyd, and every Friday night, local bluegrass musicians come out and line the streets playing their music for all to hear. It always draws a crowd.
_MG_8167
The Floyd Country Store is kind of the hub of the activity on Friday nights. For a mere $5 you can (attempt to) pull up a seat in their often standing-room-only venue for an hour of gospel and many more hours of bluegrass. While we've never gone there specifically for the music, we usually stop in for some key lime pie and ice cream. (Although, this time we didn't because we had just had homemade blueberry cobbler at the Pine Tavern where they serve your meal family style.)
_MG_8166
A couple of doors down from the Country Store is a barbershop. More musicians gathered to play gospel music.
_MG_8175
Here's Pops with Roo-bear.
_MG_8155
And Nana getting her some Roo loves, too.
_MG_8134

We also went to the Homestead Creamery Farm Day. This is our second year to attend, and it is always so well done. Love this fall event!
IMG_8211


IMG_8189
The farm.
IMG_8191
Homemade apple butter. They sold it in pint and quart-sized jars.
IMG_8192
Free kettle corn. Yum!
IMG_8207
Free pumpkin milkshake samples. Alex was a fan. So were the rest of us.
_MG_8266
Nana and Alex looking at the cows. Alex had a blast running around unrestrained.
IMG_8200
Nana and Alex near the cylos.
IMG_8232
Petting the goats. I thought he would be timid, but he actually seemed to enjoy it.
IMG_8254
Flapping his wings and "bocking" like a chicken.
IMG_8273
Photo fun.
IMG_8308
In line for the hay ride. You could either do a horse drawn buggy ride or the hay ride.
The shorter line was for the hay ride. We opted for that.
_MG_8295
After waiting three rounds for our turn...
_MG_8301
...Alex decided he wanted no part of it.

One of the days we had a picnic in the park.
IMG_8346

IMG_8363

_MG_8399

IMG_8370


IMG_8350


 And fun at home.

IMG_8331

Whew! There are so many more pictures, but that's all I can muster up the energy for tonight. Such a fun time - thanks, Nana and Pops, for coming to see us! We love you guys. =)

4 comments:

Lauri said...

What a wonderful weekend!! Looks like gorgeous weather and such fun times together with Nana and Pops. You seem to have SO much going on this fall, no wonder you feel like you can't get caught up! There is nothing more special than spending time with loved ones and making such precious memories, so I'd say you definitely have your priorities straight. Love all the pics and updates. Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love when the family comes to visit. I can only imagine how much you enjoyed Nana and Pops visit. And what a fun little fall event you found to enjoy. The weather looked perfect for a fall outing. I love the picture of you and Andrew on the swing together. Too sweet! Glad you are enjoying your Fall! Miss you!!

(oh and i just commented on your previous post too- so behind)
Katherine

Anonymous said...

Love all of the fun fall stuff you guys got to do. So glad they got to come for a visit. I know it means a lot to you to have special visitors up there. I was just thinking how much I'd love to come up for a visit with the boys. I know there is no way I could do it now but I sure would like to. I miss you guys. I just saw on your mom's blog that she got back from seeing you guys so I look forward to a post on her visit. Love you.

dana

Anonymous said...

wonderful pics i,m so glad u got to spend some family time w/Nana and Pops. Thanks for the wonderful pics ,again. luv & hugs ganny and Granpa correa