10.20.2011

Life Sweet Life.

You know that scene where Person A is behind the wheel of the car waiting for Person B to get in, and just when Person B goes to open the passenger side door, Person A speeds off so that Person B is left standing like a fool because they weren't fast enough? So Person A stops a few feet ahead and says, "Come on and get in, Person B! I won't do it again." And Person B tries again, but the same thing happens? That scene describes my relationship with life these days. Life seems to stay one step ahead of me.

Pictures are piling up – in my camera and on my computer. The days of retouching my photos are long gone. I barely have time to get them loaded up to my flickr account, and the only thing that motivates me to keep that going is that I need to transfer all photos off of my computer to free up memory space.

My blog seldom gets a post. I have a list of things a mile long I'd love to share, but I either (1) can't find the time or (2) when I do have the time, I just can't muster the mental energy to string sentences together. My creativity has left me. I'm just thankful if I can put cohesive thoughts together.

Sleep deprivation is taking its toll. My brain used to be sharp. I felt smart. And quick. Not today. Today, I stumble through my thoughts and words. Case in point – the other day I called to give some updated bio information for a high school alumni directory. When the guy asked me what kind of degree I have, I just sat there. In silence. For several seconds. I'd be willing to bet he thought I was making it up when I finally remembered that I have a bachelor's degree in journalism. And I'm pretty sure that he felt sorry for my boys when I told him I was a stay-at-home mom. I had to hang up and laugh so that I wouldn't cry.

Well, let me tell you...life may think it's gotten the best of me, but I wouldn't trade anything for these days with these two precious little angels that I've been given. Oh, they make it all worthwhile. And I am grateful. Thank you, Jesus, for another day with them. How sweet it is.
_MG_8432bw

_MG_8479bw

IMG_8449bw

11 comments:

Lauri said...

Oh girl, do I relate! I had to laugh out loud about you forgetting your degree. I joke all the time that I have a BBA and MBA but the only thing that's worthwhile these days is my DL, because I'm constantly in the car taking kids somewhere (and boy, will that get SO much worse...)!

I remember all too well when K was a baby and the sleep deprivation had caught up to me. I was an emotional, worn-out mess and certainly couldn't see past my exhaustion to soak in the quality time with my little ones. So I'm proud of you for hanging in there and recognizing what's important, which is just BEING there with those handsome little men!

And by the way, if that is what your photos look like straight out of the camera, then my goodness you certainly don't need to be retouching! They are AMAZING!! Those boys and their sweet cheeks, oh my. That last picture...the expression on Alex's face looks JUST like his Daddy.

Allyson said...

LOVE this post! I want to lift it and put it on my blog... I'm telling you it's the same story in my house. How about when I was making Benson a Dr. appt. the other day and had to think hard about his birthdate.

The pictures are awesome as well. Can't believe how big Alex looks. I remember the first time I saw him in that sweet little alligator outfit (sigh).

nanny said...

I hope the coming days and weeks bring you rest.....At least they are going to bring you fun and much love from your sweet mom!

Beautiful shots of your sweet boys!

Hilde Kraiss said...

Oh boy, I am right there with you. Connor is a terrible sleeper and I am living in a fog. I had a friend on Facebook say the other day that your to-do list should include things like "take a shower" just so you can cross things off and feel accomplishment sometimes. Add a few things like that to your list. (Though most days I wouldn't even get to check that off the list!!)

Allie recognized your boys right away when I looked at your post and she asked me to go back to the baby dusting picture next so she could look at it. She loves that picture of Alex dustin Andrew. Since she loves to help me dust I have a feeling that Connor may be dusted too the next time around. :)

Hang in there. You do much, much more than you give yourself credit for.

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I totally understand. I still feel that way and I don't have the sleep deprivation anymore. I kept thinking it would get easier once I was sleeping through the night and it did but then Ryan got mobile. Haha! Sometimes I feel like I have so much to do that I just stand around feeling so overwhelmed and then nothing really ever gets done because I just can't figure out where to start. And then I end up even more overwhelmed than before. My to do list gets longer by the day and my house gets more and more gross. The one good thing about working for me was that I had a maid. Boy, do I miss that!!! I was talking to Laine about decorating the house for the fall and I just couldn't figure out when I could possibly get it done or find time to shop for some cute decorations. I really wish I could do it all.

Some days I do a great job of letting unimportant things go and soaking up this stage of the boys life. Other days I am sad and envious of others that I think have it more together than me and seem to be able to get it all done and have a clean and nicely decorated house. Blah Blah Blah You know what I'm trying to say. :-)

I'm glad that even in the midst of the sleep deprivation and feeling unable to keep up you still remember how sweet this precious time is with your beautiful boys. They sure are dolls!

hilda correa said...

amanda keep up the good work. those are great memories that no one will ever be able to take from u & u can remanice(wrong spelling)later on . just give that heavy yoke to jesus and let him reenergize u w/ a great shower as u pray for urself. we send our luv ,hugs, &prayers from our family to yours luv ganny grandpa p.s. it will get better (ther is light at the end of the tunnel) we can do all things thru christ which strengthens us Phil. 4:13 cast all ur cares on him because he cares for u 1peter 5:7 God bless u

The Little Adventures of LueLee said...

Hang in there :) you can totally do it, I believe one summer you were giving me You and Jerry's motto and you my dear are the number 1 of that saying and despite feeling like you are not on top of your game you actually are :) Just keep your head up and keep on moving :) Life can't run forever and you'll have it lassoed in and hog tied before to long :) Love you xoxoxo

Lauren said...

Just got around to seeing this and boy can I relate. Have to remember to just keep putting one foot in front of the other and to give yourself a break. You are doing a fantastic job and those little boys are so lucky to have you. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I totally got teary when I read this. Thank you for putting my every day life into words! :) Boy, I have been feeling so buried lately, it's not even funny. I really can't even seem to get near the top and if I do, it doesn't last long enough to feel any benefit from it! There are days where I feel so down, depressed/anxious from it and other days that I can just ignore it and totally enjoy these days. Thank you for the reminder to continue to focus on the kiddos and remember to focus on the important things. It won't always be this crazy, is what I keep telling myself. Love you girlie!
Katherine

Solar Powered said...

First let me say that I hope you understand that I'm always late to read these...where does the time go? I love all the pictures with this post and the last - thanks for sharing! If you hadn't told me I would have never known that you are living in the "fog". For what it's worth, your words seem perfectly put together. Last, thanks for the honesty as it prepares me for the soon return to "the fog". I'm adding you to my prayer list for restful nights and a clear head and if you might think of me come May...do the same :) Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

luv those pics . your doing a great job ,amanda. i ,also, know ur soooo busy . luv ganny and granpa correa