If I could sum up the milestones for this month, they would be:
- Cuddling. Roo will occasionally put his head on my shoulder or chest to cuddle if he's tired. And don't you know that I wish I could just stop the clock and get lost in that moment in time.
- Serious sleep issues. For more than seven weeks now, Roo has been getting up two or three times a night. He goes to bed at 7p and on many nights has gotten up at 10:30p, 1:30a, 4:30a and 6:30a. And he wants to eat each time. I finally took him to the doctor this week, and the doctor prescribed Zantac for reflux issues. Hoping this will do the trick. Unfortunately Roo now has another cold, so he's waking up for stuffy nose/breathing issues as well. We'll see how things play out in the next couple of weeks. Please, Lord, let this help because I am running on fumes these days and need him to turn a corner soon.
- Starting solids. We gave Roo his first cereal when Noni was here visiting. All in an effort to help with the sleeping issues. He loved it. Ate it right up. But it did not help him sleep longer. The doctor did say to continue on with solids because many times that will help babies who have reflux issues.
Sweet Roo-bear is still enjoying the little exersaucer, too.
While Noni was here, she graciously agreed to take some pictures of the boys and me. I'm often the one behind the camera so I treasure having these. Thank you, Noni!
Alright, I have to sign off. We're gearing up to attempt our Christmas photos this afternoon. Wish me luck!













9 comments:
LOVED all of these treasures!! Roo is growing right up... so quickly just like each of you have. Can't wait to see the Old Red Truck session!! Love and hugs and kisses...
What a precious sweetie he is!
Thank you, thank you for that FUN post about sweet little Roo! He is just such a sweet little thing, and if I'm not mistaken he appears to be plumping up quite a bit?? Those sweet cheeks take me back to my little chunk years ago and I just couldn't get enough of that plump lovin'! I'm so sorry that he's not sleeping well for you. I remember all too well how hard that is, and honestly I couldn't take it for very long. So hats off to you for hanging in there, Mama! I hope the reflux subsides soon and hopefully that will help somewhat.
You and Roo sure have some sweet pictures there to treasure! You look so pretty and happy!! Can't wait to see you next month!!!!
Little Roo sure is filling out these days. I bet after a little time the solids will start helping him sleeping a little better. I think it did with both of my boys, but that was around 7 months. I'm so sorry he's been keeping you up so much. That can make it so hard to function and stay sane! I will say a little prayer that he starts to sleep better for you! I'm so glad you are getting some sweet snuggles from him. He looks like he could be a great little snuggler. Your mom captured some beautiful pictures of you and little Roo. I know you will treasure them. :-)
I miss you. I'm planning to call you soon to catch up...
That was me, by the way. :-) Dana
Gorgeous shots - when did your hair get so long!? I hear you on the sleeping issues, I fell asleep at my desk last week. Beautiful little boy!
Also, did I miss the Halloween post? I am dying for adorable costume shots!
luv those wonderful pics of everyone. keep up the good work. a special b'day wish to your mom.
the luv tose wonderful pics was from ganny and grandpa
Post a Comment