12.12.2009

Sammy and Alex - Five Months

Five months.

Four months.

Three months.

Two months.

One month.

Eleven days.


Can you believe how much Alex has changed?! I sure can't. He doesn't even look like the same little fella I brought home from the hospital because he's getting so big. But he's just as sweet as ever.

I'm still a little surprised at how much I love being a mom. I went from scared out of my mind and wondering what I had done, to scared out of my mind and head-over heels in about a milli-second when he entered this world. He's just the most wonderful blessing, and he has completely captured my heart.

Let's see, what are we up to five months into this gig...

For the last month I've thought he was teething. Apparently I'm not so great at reading the teething signs because we haven't seen a tooth one. I've now determined that all that fussiness is really just that one certain little boy is spoiled rotten and likes to be held. =)

Alex has achieved mobility status - level 1. He is now rolling from back to front AND front to back. He just rolls himself all over the place.

He also had his first taste of rice cereal. Bless his little heart - he's still trying to figure out how to eat it. Right after you put the cereal in his mouth, he sticks his thumb in to help him swallow. It's hilarious.


Little Man also got his first cold two days after he turned five months old. It really would be so nice if he could blow his nose. I can't stand the sound of that stuff in his nose and throat. It just sounds miserable. Until that time comes, I'll be "chasing slugs," as my neighbor calls it. And Alex HATES the slug-chasing.

On a side note - Alex's cold meant that we had to skip out on this weekend's trip to Charlotte to cheer Jerry on at the marathon. Thank goodness for technology - we sent text messages every hour or so to lend our support instead. Not nearly the same, but at least we could be there in spirit. I'm not sure of Jerry's actual finish time, but I'm proud to say that he did finish despite experiencing some cramping in his legs and neck. Congratulations, babe!

One last update. Have I ever mentioned that Alex enjoys watching Handy Manny? It cracks me up. In the mornings while we're getting ready, we plop him in front of the TV in his swing, and he just smiles at Manny and the tools. Too cute!

7 comments:

Tanna said...

LOVE the pictures!!! And, Pop Pop says you should just dip his thumb in the cereal! LOL! Nanny has told me about Shutterfly making books! I'm going to have to check that out! I KNOW I need a bear book! Congrats to Jerry. Love to my Little Man! See you soon! XOXOXO

Solar Powered said...

That picture of him in is Christmas hat is so precious - angelic! I'm with you on going from freaked out to love, what a tranition and a fast one at that.

nanny said...

Oh these pictures are so sweet, those eyes!!!!
My 13 year old granddaughter sucked her thumb with her cereal and we laughed at her, it was so cute and they didn't film it, bummer! I love the video! It is precious!

Dana said...

So, so, so stinking cute! He just keeps getting cuter! It amazes me how God works in our lives when we have children. I am so thrilled that you love being a mom. It really is the greatest gift! How much fun it has been to watch your love grow for him. I'm so proud of you!

I missed you guys SO much this weekend. Sniff, Sniff.

Dana said...

Ok, I just saw on a comment on Katherine's blog that you are going to see her next week. Any chance I might get to see you too? :-)

Katherine said...

He is looking like quite the happy baby I must say! That is hilarious! I love that he uses his thumb to help him swallow, very resourceful I might add! I do love how much you are enjoying your new role as a mother. Isn't it the best! God does bless us with just what we need in life!

Lauri said...

5 months??? Any chance we can push the pause button on these kiddos to be able to savor it longer? *Sigh*

Alex's pics are just too sweet! He is really chunking up, I love it! And the video is just too cute. I love his look at the end, as if he's saying, "Really, Mom? Really?? I have to eat this stuff?" Ha!

I miss you guys so much! Our weekend just wasn't the same without you. I get sad sometimes that we haven't met each other's babies yet, but I'll keep my hopes up for a springtime visit.